Monday, June 07, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 6/7/21

“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”  (MLK Jr)  to see my blog  Do you remember times of infinite hope?  The first date?  Going off to college?  Starting your  dream job…and that dream marriage?  Infinite hope!  Life has its disappointments, but they can be temporary, finite!  I remember Jesus as being the God of second chances.  Sins (mistakes) can be forgiven.  That’s our infinite hope.  Whew!  One of my favorite parables is ”the Prodigal Son has a Welcoming Father?”  Is there one that undercores your hope?  ;-)  Jack 


FROM HOMELESS:  I have never thought of sins as mistakes. Puts a less harsh light on the subject. I like and appreciate that.  I questioned just yesterday if what I felt was a sin was truly a sin because I knew in your eyes you would applaud my choices.===JACK:  A basic theological premise is that there are no gradations of "sin."  Sin is sin...meaning that every time we act contrary to what God sees as "best", we sin.  ALL need to come to the point where we say, "I have not done my best, forgive me."  We get into trouble when we think that there are worse sinners than I am.  Forget about others; concentrate on self and our relationship to God.  Read again, The Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican.===H:  I have never thought, "There are worse sinners than myself." However, astute observation. I shouldn't have tried to see my actions through your measuring glass but through God's. Thank you...I think. 😊===JACK:  Don't thank me.  Thank God who loves you (and me) in spite of....===H:  Sometimes I think that I am a harsher judge of my character and actions than God. Do you ever feel that way?===JACK:  I have a hard time with the concept of GRACE, but I'm glad that God doesn't.

 

No comments: