Friday, June 25, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 6/25/21

“There are two great days in life – the day you were born and the day you discover, why.”  (William Barclay)  On the day I was born, the musical, Good News, debuted on Broadway…and was very successful.  Was that an omen?  I’m part of the Silent Generation, patriotic and ambitious and tending not to makes waves.  As I look back…I see myself as fitting the mold.  There’s a saying that God has a purpose for each of us.  Have you discovered yours?  I hope that you’re doing well with it.  ;-)  Jack 


FROM SMILIN' SHARON:  Hi Jack! I’ve always been happy about my Nursing career. Since retirement , I guess my mission is more volunteering and helping others. I pray everyday for God to help me find my mission. I keep busy helping where I can! I agree with you about finding a rainbow in your life.===JACK:  Finding you8r niche in life is like trying on a new pair of shoes.  You just know when it feels right.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i would say that you have more than filled your purpose in life!   well done thou good and faithful servant.  have a good weekend, Jack===JACK:  All I can say is that I tried.  You win some; you lose some.  The game goes on.===SP: you may not be batting 500 but you could be close!===JACK:  I'm not keeping score...just having fun playing the game.


FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Enjoyed your WW again this morning.  It's kind of a pithy explanation of your generation--silent, patriotic, ambitious and tending not to make waves but maybe its apropro.  I'm busy discovering my purpose and my latest batch of reading is: The Other Story of Lutherans at Worship:  Reclaiming Our Heritage of Diversity by David S. Luecke Grace Alone:  Lutheran in the 21st Century by Rev. Katherine Rohloff - an unofficial resource for the ELCA Liturgy and Sacraments in a COVID World - Renewal Not Restoration by Kevin W. Irwin (Catholic) A Simplified Guide to Worshpping as Lutheran by James Allan Waddell The Church in Act:  Lutheran Liturgical Theology in Ecumenical Conversation by Maxwell E. Johnson (obtained from Augsburg Fortress - Media 517 or something) The Struggle to Reclaim the Liturgy in the Lutheran Church:  Adiophora in Historical, Theological and Practical Perspective by James Allan Waddell ===JACK:  I sense that "worship" has undergone a change during the pandemic.  I wonder if the Genie will ever be able to be put back into the bottle.  History shows that there are many ways to worship God...but that God is immutable.  So, be prepareed for more changes.  Change is not always bad.


FROM THE SHARK:  I will google why was Aug 23, 1961 a great day?===JACK:  I'll do it for you...

  • August 23, 1961 was a Wednesday
  • Zodiac Sign for this date is: Virgo (the same as mine)
  • This date was 21,856 days ago
  • August 23rd 2021 is on a Monday
  • Someone born on this date is 59 years old
  • You've slept for 7,285 days or 20 years!
  • Your next birthday is 59 days away
  • You've been alive for 524,544 hours
  • You were born on a Wednesday
  • Your next birthday is on a Monday
  • You are a Generation X-er

  • FROM SHALOM JAN:  I, too, am part of the Silent generation, though I have acted more in accord with the early Boomers, especially in landing in a non-traditional occupation for women.  I am thankful that the opportunity was there, because I am sure it is my calling and I have been blessed in doing my purpose. ===JACK:  I have not known you to be silent....especially on issues that you care about.
  • No comments: