Monday, June 28, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 6/28/21

“It’s not what you look at that matters; it’s what you see.”  (Thoreau)  It’s called an ambiguous image when you look a picture and see two different pictures. A famous one shows an old woman turning into a young woman, depending on how you see it.  In reality, we see people in the same way.  “Beauty” is in the eye of the beholder.  Even society depends on what we look for.  Yes, there is bad in this world.  I choose ambiguity and look for the good.  What kind of world are you living in…and what are the people like?  ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST JOHN:  Peek-a-boo, I see you.  Just like beauty, "Truth is in the eye of the beholder."===HJ:  If you are right, then The saying “I AM the way, the TRUTH and the life” is mere fiction.===JACK:  While we're at it, do you think that Jesus meant that ONLY Christians are going to make it to Heaven?===HJ:  I think that God can save anyone or no one or some….His business….not mine.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  I used to say that (Rep.) John Lewis was one of the ugliest men physically (he was beaten by law enforcement more than once, given a concussion, etc.) but he was one of the most beautiful men "really".  It takes a while to "see" a person inside and everyone deserves that we give it a try to understand them as a person.===JACK:  "Ugly" John Lewis?  Take a look at 1959 Twilight Zone episode, "Eye of the Beholder."  You can get it on YouTube.  I know that's not what you're focusing on, but it's an episode that fit many situations.


FROM HOMELESS:  I am definitely a glass half full person. I always try to see things with their silver lining showing. There's good in everyone, right? I do constantly try to be better about not pre-judging based off of first impressions though. I know that about myself, and I work toward being a better person under that umbrella.===JACK:  I'd like to say that I'm like that, too.  But, "first impressions...a 6th sense...experiences...have taught me when to be wary.  I just wanted you to know that "I'm not perfect."  There's some of Sam Scratch that has rubbed off on me.===H:  I see that, by simply requoting Thoreau, you are a Wise Bird! 

No comments: