Friday, June 11, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words  6/11/21

“Be thankful for closed doors, detours and roadblocks.  They protect you from paths and places not meant for you.”  (Sent by Kathy M)  I have a friend who loves to come upon road detours.  They give him a chance to explore things out of the ordinary.  Most of us want to get from A to B in the fastest way possible with eyes focused on the road, not the scenery.  The next time you come upon a closed door, detour, or a roadblock, look for the good in it.  ;-)  Jack  


FROM WILLMAR REV:  ...especially the old bridge! 0;-) ===JACK:  When we come to a roadblock because of flooding, God is our "bridge over troubled waters>'  That might be a good song for you to sing at a funeral service. ===REV:  That song would have been a good choice and would be one for his friends today, but the young twenty-one year old who overdosed on drugs while living over in South Dakota is leaving his family very heartbroken as we open our church doors to them this afternoon. They have asked me to officiate.===JACK:  Who knows how you can impact (even the life of one person) people by your actions and your words and your songs?  God knows! ===REV:   He surely does . . . honored to be a "Christ Ambassador". 0;-)

     


FROM DR J:  I love detours too. Especially now that I’m retired. And with my electric car I often choose to take the slower back roads than the big highways. Better energy efficiency and much better views :-)And I love to stop and I love to stop at the back roads diner or bar and Grill to taste the local foods and beverages and taking a bit of the local culture.===JACK:  There's a saying that I like...SLOW DOWN!  YOUR FEETS MOVING TOO FAST.


FROM SALON SUSIE:    I’m always up to the scenic view or detour, if I have the time…JACK:  We all have the same amount of time.  It's up to each of us...how we spend it.


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  When you think about it, we pray thanking God for preventing something from happening maybe as often as we pray to Him asking for help to make something happen. In those prayers of thankfulness, we are often thanking him for putting some roadblock in our way to prevent us from a making some horrible mistake.===JACK:  One of the first lessons that I can remember learning: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again>'  Two ancillary words...gumption - sisu

No comments: