Thursday, June 17, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 6/17/21

“Man’s main task in life is to give birth to himself to become what he potentially is.”  (Erich Fromm)  I once saw a cartoon of a man giving birth.  It wasn’t pretty.  Sometimes giving birth to our life-potential isn’t easy, either.  In his poem, To a Louse, Robert Burns asks God for the gift to see ourselves as others see us   Personally, I’m glad that others saw a potential in me that I didn’t see.  It changed the direction of my life.  There’ve been times when I’ve wondered what it would have been like to be a fire-fighter.  Did you have a growing-up idea of what you might become?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  Still working on it and dreaming of its success?! 0;-)  ===JACK:  At each we dream of the future and what it might be.  God knows what's arouind the corner for YOU.....and me, too.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'm reading CAFE AT THE END OF THE EARTH, which has been a rave best seller. dealing with "The meaning of life"   Questions: What am I here for? Do you fear Death? ,etc. Very good and intelligent read dealing with giving birth to your "best" self!!  Love this quotation; new to me!Debbie Reynolds once said, "If Husbands and wives took tu;rns  giving birth, there would never be more than 3 children in a family, two, if hubby went first!  (Her husband divorced her for Liz Taylor, as ;you remember, when she had a baby & toddler to care for.)===JACK:   Don (did) twins ever think that mother cares for one more than the other.  We have twins (now in their 30s) in our church.  I can't tell them apart.  Their mom told me that even their father has been unable to distinguish one from the other...but Mom knows!

 

No comments: