Thursday, June 10, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 6/10/21

“Don’t let people discourage you.  Just fluff out your tutu and prance away.”  (Sent by Virginia P)  This is a picturesque Winning Words.  I can just imagine YOU fluffing your tutu and prancing.  HaHa.  But, sometimes we need to walk awat (to let go) of things that disturb us.  That includes people, too.  Life’s too short to deny us better things, better choices.  ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  my tutu is pink.  what color is yours?===JACK: Following Luther's tradition, mine is black. ===SP:   i did dress up in a full Elvis costume one time.  complete with wig, glasses,  etc.  it got a lot of laffs.  it was a kind of talent show at the church. ===JACK:  There would have been more laffs if you had worn the costume during a sermon.  Some ALC pastors were into Clown Ministry.  Were you ever part of that group?===SP:  i was not but i had this reaction:   if it was done well, it was worthwhile.  but there were so many imitators who did a really schocky job that  it was almost embarrassing.   it made the message look silly if not sort of pathetic.   there was one fellow who also wrote a book about clown ministry and he was amazing.  most of the rest with just "clowns"  but not professional enuff to pull it off. 


FROM MOORZ:  This is my favorite WW quote ever. My thanks go out to Jack and Virginia! I laughed and laughed thinking of people I know who would be wearing a tutu...===JACK:  The quote is meant to show YOU in a tutu, prancing away.  I can picture it NOW.


FROM  EEF:  Your WWs made me laugh today. The visual is so so funny! I think your sister will laugh at this one too!  Haha===JACK: Have you ever worn a tutu...or pranced?


FROM JU IN NC:  Never wore a tutu......TU far out for me.  After walking into a bush filled with hornets ...I pranced.===JACK:  Walking into a hornet's nest wearing a tutu...I can imagine that you not only pranced...you dancing...and really fast, too.


FROM HOMELESS:  Did this come from Rachel? Because the WW made me laugh initially, and then I cried.  Nope, never wore a tutu. Maybe come Halloween this year?!?!Have you ever worn a tutu?===JACK:  Me wearing a tutu would be too..too much.


FROM MAGS:  I have! Took ballet lessons for 4 years (4-8). Mike took tap dancing lessons but no tutu 😉===JACK:  Does your tutu still fit?  


FROM LBP:  I have never worn a tutu. I did take figure skating at the roller rink when I was around 9 and that came with a leotard and little skirt (I used to practice in the fellowship hall at HS while mom practiced the organ for service). And yes, I suppose the dance class I took in my 30s included prancing. I did have a recital performance but It was not a classical ballet so no tutu. ===JACK:  I used to have fun (trying not to take an embarrassing fall) skaing with the Luther League at the Rink on M59 in Waterford....No tutu, either!


FROM JSMS:  Jack—- I realize the quote was for me but I plan to share it with all my friends and I know they use it.===JACK:  If the tutu fits, wear it!


FROM CZB IN NH:  It cracked me up too!  It actually provided the levity and inspiration I needed yesterday!   I do not have a tutu but am considering getting one!===JACK:  Just for fun...Use your imagination and "see3" people you know, dressed in a tutu.  Bill, dad, the dog, Trump!



No comments: