Friday, May 07, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 5/7/21

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden from you.  Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”   (Rabindranath Tagore)  National Space Day began in 1967 as a way to get young people interested in space exploration.  The moon landing came 2 years later.  A Mars landing is still to come.  Indian philosopher Tagore seemed to anticipate all of this when he wrote about the dream of reaching for the stars.  First, you have to have the dream.  Are there any dreams floating around in your mind?  An old song begins, “Dreams really can come true for the young at heart.”  ;-)  Jack

FROM PROUD MARY:  i have so many dreams in my sleeping hours and waking hours. thank you friend for my song of the day.===JACK:  There are many "dream" songs.  I like, "Dream, when you're feeling blue."  You can Google others.===M:  love that one and i sing  'california dreamin" often in honor of my children living there far from their mama and papa!wish i could sit with you and talk about so many of your wise winning words. the body-soul relationship is one i am intimately close to and curious of. life/after life is so interesting. just attended a zoom conference on life to death transition headed by a hospice nurse and a death doula. really cool stuff. i may have time for another life calling? one day at a time.===JACK:  I have no regrets with regard to being a pastor.  In fact, while I never dreamed of being a pastor, (the) Father knows best.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I remember the popular song DREAM when we were dancing at The Rec in  Moline in H,S.  We all loved that "dreamy" song....!I guess my dream of becoming a teacher spurred me on to get my teaching degree in Music and Language arts, when I was raising four kids, and was a busy Pastor's wife!! :-)===JACK:  I remember the Rec as being converted from being  a bakery.  I often have unusual dream.  Some are so strange that I record them in a journal called, My Dreams.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i once had a dream about Dolly Parton.   does that count for anything?===JACK:  I wonder if Dolly ever had a dream about you?  

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I've been contemplating (dreaming, if you will, in hopes I and my family of faith will not be here), this portion of Scripture lately . . . we don't, or at least I don't, hear it spoken of much in recent times in press releases nor pulpit prophecies:  2 Peter 3:8-14 ESV   "But DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS ONE FACT beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.(a definite climate change forthcoming) Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, WHAT SORT OF PEOPLE OUGHT [WE] TO BE IN LIVES OF HOLINESS AND GODLINESS, WAITING FOR AND HASTENING THE COMING OF THE DAY OF GOD, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, BE DILIGENT TO BE FOUND BY HIM WITHOUT SPOT OR BLEMISH, AND AT PEACE."  It sure has my attention!   0:-)===JACK:  The Bible says that God often appeared to his people in a dream. 

F4ROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Atin had a brother named Rabindranath and  Sunil and Naren have that ending to their first names.  Sunilendranath and Narendranath.  It's  a family thing to have that ending!===JACK:  I remember those names well, but can't recall hearing the background.

 

No comments: