Monday, May 24, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 5/24/21

“Remember, nobody will ever get ahead of you as long as he’s kicking you in the seat of the pants.”  (Walter Winchell)  Winchell was the Andy Rooney of his day,.  He was one of the first to make the news entertainment, with gossip and jokes interjected among the news items.  One big mistake was to align himself with Sen Joseph McCarthy.  When Joe lost popularity, so did Walter...the advent of TV played a part, too…and so did death threats from the NYC “Mob.”  But, thanks to YouTube, we can relive yesteryear.  Next time you feel you’re getting kicked around, remember that you’re ahead of the one doing the kicking.  ;-)  Jack

FROM WILLMAR REV:  A pastor friend of mine once told me when I asked how he was doing, the church board is running me out of town but  I’m running as fast as I can and acting like I’m  leading a parade! 0;-)===JACK:  That's a good one....turning a negative into a positive.

FROM THE SHARK:  So much for the saying: “I’m kicking ass and taking numbers” 😂===JACK:  "Kicking ass" seems to be a "boss" expression.  In my work, I was my own boss, and I never really had people working for me.
"Kicking ass" meant kicking a donkey.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  Joe McCarthy was a very sick man.   alcoholic,  mentallly imbalanced,  paranoid, etc. ===JACK:  I never thought that anyone could trump him, but someone did.

No comments: