Friday, April 09, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 4/9/21

“Starting over again is like dancing with the devil.”  (Demi Lovato)  “Dancing With the Devil” is Lovato’s story about successfully facing drug addiction.  “It can be done, but there are dangers.  You’re never really free from the demon.”  Any kind of “starting over” has its problems.  Whether it be a new job, or a  new relationship…It’ll never happen unless (you) take the first step.  There’s a song that I’ve found to be helpful in advising others…”One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus…that’s all I’m asking of you.”  In dancing with the devil?  One step at a time, sweet Jesus.  ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL ST PAUL:  i read a whole article about this woman.   she is or was really messed up in a lot of ways.  i hope she has not gotten her life back to some degree of normalcy.===JACK:  We are each (dancing with) our own demons  ===SP:   is yours a blond or a brunet or a red head?     or maybe even purple or green or orange these days? 😀===JACK:  Have you ever seen a pastor with wildly coloredb hair...trying to identify with a "younger" crowd? 

FROM HOMELESS IN FL:  Thanks for the reminder!! Lots of slates wiped clean and new beginnings now. I do feel like I am starting at square one in so many aspects of my life. Is there a point that there may be too many? I find I keep having to "ground" myself. Exercise, the beach, friends and family, are my current grounding points. The tethers that keep me from spinning about crazily. Thank you, God, for each of them!===JACK:  Starting over doesn't necessarily mean "relearning everything."

 

No comments: