Monday, April 19, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 4/19/21

“Impossible is potential.  Impossible is temporary.  Impossible is nothing.”  (Muhammad Ali)  I remember when someone asked a seminary professor if God could create something so heavy that Jesus couldn’t lift it.  I can’t remember the answer, but I think that the discussion moved to “mixed metaphors.”  During a discussion, Jesus once told his listeners…” With man, some things are impossible.  But, with God, all things are possible.”  (Mixed Metaphors, again)  Ali was no dummy.  He knew the meaning of, impossible.  He knew that too often we’re inclined to “give up” too soon.  “With God, all things are possible.”  What do you think this means?  ;-)  Jack


FROM HOMELESS:  I love this one because it really makes you stop and think, read and re-read, and think some more.===JACK:  If so, today's Winning Words have been a success. ===HL:  It has. I even used it to send to my regional offices. I will forward you the email. It's cute.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Reflecting on your WW.  Really the quote is impressive.  Especially the "Impossible is nothing" which as I am pondering could stand for nothing is achievable or more optimistically impossible is so unrealistic that it actually means nothing, in God's Eyes and therefore in our eyes too.  I am on the list too for Father Jeff's Flocknotes which are daily prayers, some composed by saints and other spiritual writers, some composed by him.  ===JACK:   Ali sometimes seemed to speak in riddles.  I wonder where he got his "smarts?"

FROM WILLMAR REV:  If I remember correctly you are not an avid follower of Facebook, but I awakened early one morning last week with the word ‘evoke’ coming to mind and put together a paragraph or two for my weekly “Sunday Sermon Takeaway” using  it. Your post made me think of it again about the ‘possibilities’ with God’s help.  Sunday Sermon Takeaway—ONE’S FAITH PLACED SINCERELY IN GOD ‘EVOKES’ (brings forth · prompts · encourages · sparks · stimulates · stirs up · awakens · arouses · energizes · raises · reproduces · encapsulates · captures · expresses · obtains) POWERFUL RESPONSES FROM WITHIN AND FOR OUR WELL-BEING!  0;-)  “We pondered Your love-in-action, God, waiting in your temple: Your name, God, evokes a train of Hallelujahs wherever It is spoken, near and far; your arms are heaped with goodness-in-action” (Psalm 48:9-10 The Message Bible).===JACK:  I may not always understand how Facebook works, but I do read your stuff.===REV:  Since not being in the church pulpit hardly at all any more, it’s  my “sermon prep discipline” and sharing in smaller scale to that of earlier days gone by. 0;-) ===JACK:  I liked the video of you preaching the funeral sermon.


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  ink that what Muhammad Ali was referencing was more along the lines of the headline for this post – that impossible is a state of mind and not an absolute. Impossible just means that you don’t see how it can be done, yet. ===JACK:  Good insight....Thanks.

FROM JUDEE:  Jack, What this means is that God does not give you what you cannot handle. My mom died last Sunday. She was unique, kind, quirky, and a complete giver to everyone she encountered. I will miss her everyday moving forward; but I will  move forward because that is what she would have wanted. My heart aches, but I have 60 years of memories to carry with me. You’ve traveled this road Jack, you lost Mary, but now you have a new life between Michigan and Minnesota. I lost my dad, uncle and dog, in August, and now my mom. I’m retiring June 30. I need to reinvent myself. I have to move on and start the next phase of my life. Part of me wants to crawl under a rock; another part of me wants to quit right now and move, another part wants to tie things up neatly, gracefully leave, and then sleep for a week or two. I have a new puppy to help me through. I’m so tired of the pretenses at work. Thanks for listening. I will do what is right because that is what my mom would have wanted. Take good care,===JACK:  I remember when you were first for the job that you  aree leaving.  I did not know you at that time and wondered who you were and what made you qualified for the job.  Now, I know.  You have become my friend, my personal friend...and mutual lover of dark chocolate.  I'm said for the losses that have recently come into your life, but I'm also confident that you will rebound.  God will continue to walk with you down life's road.  There's a spiritual that I like... I want Jesus to walk with me.  I want Jesus to walk with me.  1 I want Jesus to walk with me.  All along my pilgrim journey, I want Jesus to walk with me.  In my trials, Lord, walk with me.  In my trials, Lord, walk with me.  When my hearty is almost breaking, Lor, I want Jesus to walk with me.  When I'm in trouble, Lord, walk with me.  When I'm in trouble, Lord, walk with me.  When my head is bowed in sorrow, Lord I want Jesus to walk with me.  (You can YouTube the singing of it)  ===J:  I really want Jesus to walk with me; especially over the next 8 weeks – then forever. I also love the poem Footprints in the Sand. I may need Jesus to carry me.  Thank you for your friendship and for your prayers. Take care


 

No comments: