Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 4/14/21

“A problem isn’t a problem until it actually happens.”  (Julie A Ross & Judy Corcoran)  Perhaps you’ve heard of the word masochism, which is allowing something painful because that “something” has a strange way of giving pleasure.  There are people I know who seem to “enjoy” jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  Is that a form of masochism?  I remember hearing of someone who kept hitting his head with a hammer.  “Why are you doing that?” he was asked.  “Because it feels so good when I stop,” was the reply.  The lesson? Don’t generate pain for yourself by creating trouble before it exists.  ;-)  Jack  

FROM WILLMAR REV:  ...I’m reminded this morning of watching the “Three Stooges” comedy acts and asking myself why this was supposed to be humorous?! 0:-)===JACK:  A wasted childhood....not being entertained by The Stooges!

FROM JR IN ANDOVER:  Always thought of the „hammer“ story as German.  Maybe my dad told it to me.===JACK:  There's a whole new world out there....jokes told in "another" language.

FROM HO,ELESS IN FL:  Such a valuable lesson, and one that I have to remind myself nearly daily to adhere to. Somehow, over the last few years, I have become a worry wart. I am unhappy with myself for allowing it to come to fruition. It's a horrible habit that I am working on breaking. "Don't borrow trouble", my grandmother used to say. Do you ever borrow trouble, Jack?===JACK:  I write "Winning Words" each day, but I need to pay more attention to what I'm writing.  I think that life is a combination of positive/negative thinking.  I try to "practice" what "I preach."

 

No comments: