Friday, April 23, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 4/23/21

“You speak an infinite deal of no-thing.”  (William Shakespeare, from The Merchant of Venice) Today, April 23, is “Talk like Shakespeare Day,” so go ahead and change “you” to either “thou” or “thee” when you communicate today.  Or just add “eth” to your verbs. When thou doest so, it doesn’t matter if thou speaketh of no-thing, since Shakespeare’s style can maketh thee appear wise.  I thought that it would be easy to pick out my favorite Shakespeare quote, but there are many, such as “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come”  I could go on, but I might be accused of speaking “an infinite deal of no-thing.” Whether you speak like Shakespeare or not, contribute quality instead of quantity to the conversations you’re part of.  ;-)  Jack


FROM MK IN WL:  Jimmy Stewart goes into the the local library where he finds Hepburn reading his book he wrote. The librarian in that scene speaks ‘Shakespeare’ it’s a really cute scene!  Love that movie with all the humorous wit. ===JACK:  When I was of "school-age" I wish that I would not have turned up my nose at Shakespeare.


FROM WILLMAR REV:  I was wondering “wherest thou was going with this,” this morning?! Enjoyed the read!! 0;-)===JACK:  Before a movement to translate the Bible into modern language, there was "Bible-type-talk," like the King James  Version (1610, I think).


No comments: