Monday, April 12, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 4/12/21

“Once we choose hope, everything else is possible.”  (Christopher Reeve)  Because of his Superman role and his own paralysis, Reeve became the symbol of hope for thousands of people who believed that they “would be able to walk again.”  I learned a hymn long ago in  Sunday School:  "Only believe,  Only believe;  All things are possible.  Only believe."  That  "hope" has served me well through the years… "All things are possible!"   Miracles are promised for those who do not give up hope.  What is it that you’re hoping for?  ;-)  Jack


FROM HONEST JOHN:  Con Trued said a person can not live without hope===JACK:  We've all had our mentors.  Constantine was one of yours.  I admired him too.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  a more peaceful and united America...===JACK:  That's a HOPE in really big letters.


FROM JOEANN:  Now Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.—Psalm 39:7. I love this verse. My hope is that we all can find a way to get peace from our burdens.===JACK:  My mind kicked into gear, and I figured out who's writing about HOPE while facing day to day burdens.  "Our hope is in the Lord!"


FROM WILLMAR REV:  ". . . waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ!" (Titus 2:13 ESV). I've sung of it for more years that I can remember-- There is coming a day, When no heart aches shall come, No more clouds in the sky, No more tears to dim the eye, All is peace forever more, On that happy golden shore,  What a day, glorious day that will be. [Refrain]: What a day that will be, When my Jesus I shall see, And I look upon His face, The One who saved me by His grace; When He takes me by the hand, And leads me through the Promised Land, What a day, glorious day that will be. There’ll be no sorrow there,  No more burdens to bear, No more sickness, no pain, No more parting over there; And forever I will be, With the One who died for me, What a day, glorious day that will be. [Refrain] (What A Day That Will Be, Jim HilL===JACK:  Many hymns of HOPE have sustained us in our growing up years.

 

No comments: