Friday, April 16, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 4/16/21

“You can’t be sad when daisy is around.  She won’t let you.”  (Maryam Faresh)  Botanists from around the world have agreed that there about 400,000 different kinds of flowers.  Do you have a favorite?  People in England and Scotland seem to prefer the daisy….white petals surrounding a bright yellow center.  It’s a “happy” flower, often used at weddings.  “Daisy” brings a smile to my face…like Daisy Duke and Daisy Mae Yokum   Do you have a Daisy in your life who brings a smile to your face?  ;-)  Jack


FROM JOEAN:  Every Spring I search and search to spot my first robin. Finally yesterday there he was sitting in my tree when I opened up bedroom shades. That little bird brought a huge smile to my smile to my face. For me that robin is symbol that the long cold winter is over.===JACK:  I saw my first robin (in fact, two of them) yesterday also.  Spring is sprung.


FROM MK IN WL:  The movie "Please don't eat the daisy's" brings a smile to my face!  The daisy is one of my favorites & tulips. Chuck & I had tulips at our wedding. ===JACK:  I've read that Daisy is the favorite name for a female dog.  I've never heard of a dog named, Tulip


FROM KZB IN THE ROCKIES:  My dog “Daisy”, now 14 1/2 (vet said she would only live to 8 due to epilepsy) 😍 She’s the sweetest goofiest doggo ever.===JACK:  Docs have a hard time predicting the lifespan of a human, let alone a dog.  Long live Daisy!


FROM THE FISH IN NOVA SCOTIA:  when the male pheasant who lives in our woods stands next to the empty ground-level bird feeding station and watches my bathroom window attempting to put the whammy on me and get me to put on some shoes and bring some food out===JACK:  Now, that brought a smile to my face.  Why are some people called, "birdbrains?"


FROM LBP:  My magnolia had a scale infestation last year. So glad to see it was strong enough to make some buds at the end of the season. The arborist says I did a good job scrubbing that pest off. Hoping for a better year for my pretty tree :) ===JACK:  I thought that "mags" wanted warm weather.  Mom's fav is the daisy. I tend to be partial to a zinnia. But, I enjoy seeing all types. The daffodils are blooming but some of the other new bulbs I planted last fall have not opened yet. Curious to see what they will look like. 


FROM 2ND CHANCE:  Forget-me-nots.   Jack-in-the-pulpit 🙂===JACK:  Have you ever seen a Jack in the pulpit?  Too late, now!===2C:  I've seen a Jack-in-the-pulpit, but never THE Jack in the pulpit.  😃===JACK:  As Archie and Edith used to sing...."Those were the days, my friend.  I though that they'd never end."


FROM WILLMAR REV:  Love the variety of them and their colors in the Springtime. ===JACK:  One lady told me that she hated going to the Easter service.  Why?  Because she could stand the smell of Easter lilies.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  wasn't Donald Duck's girl friend or wife Daisy Duck? ===JACK:  You're probably right.  At that time I was concentrating of Daisy Mae Yokum.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I love the combination of white daisies with roses, esp pink ones  They are festive and highlight other flowers' colors when mixed with them!  They Last quite a long time in a bouquet, too.===JACK:  Did they ever send flowers home with the pastor when they weren't picked up after the Sunday service?  We had a BIG collection of flower vases.


No comments: