Tuesday, December 29, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 12/29/20

‘”Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars.  You have to let go at some point in order to move forward,”  (C.S. Lewis)  I know of few (if any) people who haven’t faced painful life experiences: unexpected death, disappointment in one form or another, loss of job, illness, divorce.  However, among these people are some who can tell recovery stories.  A commonality for their success is the ability to let go and move on…like with the monkey bars.  Do you know of stories like that?  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  Are you asking for those ‘skeletons’ found in my closet? Hopefully you will find many on the floor, as I found letting go and letting God have them has worked best for me! 0;-)===JACK:  "Amazing Grace" is more than a hymn with a nice tune...especially the line..."that saved a wretch like me."


FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  It’s always a  matter of good judgement when talking to someone who recently faced some tragedy. Move on is not the first thing they want to hear and I know that’s not your message. Compassion and empathy acknowledging emotions are many times the most helpful in my experience. Just listening is probably the best action a friend can do. The right time to discuss “Move on” is a very tricky matter and calls for really good judgement.  Always thought provoking! Thank you.====JACK:  Ecclesiastes says that there is a time for everything...a time to hang on and a time to let go."  There's also a time for empathy/sympathy and a time  to say: It's time to move on."


FROM TG IN MI:  Always ask yourself: "What will happen if I say nothing?”  (Kamand Kojouri) ☘️===JACK:  Was it Kenny Rogers who say: "You gotta know when to hold 'en\m and when to fold 'em."  In a sense, you and I are both in the business of making that decision...more than once.


FROM DS IN SOCAL:  Seems to be a "constant" for me anymore, Jack.  I have to learn to "trust" Him.  I have been blessed in so many ways all my life, and yet I still worry about the "future"===JACK:  I think that I worried more about the future when I was younger.  The older you get the less of a future you have to worry about..


  

No comments: