Monday, December 14, 2020

 

Jack’s Winning Words 12/14/20

“I have written your name on my hand.”  (Isaiah 49:16 – God’s translation)  I was surprised to read that God has a tattoo…my name written on His hand.  My grandson’s first tattoo was his confirmation Bible verse.  I’ve come to appreciate translations of the Bible that put it into the language of today…anything that helps me to grasp the message.  My name on His hand!  I must be important to Him. There’s room for your name too, because you’re also important to Him.  ;-)  Jack.


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  thankful that tattoos are becoming passe... young people are such sheep. gauges are proof that some will do anything to be “different.”===JACK:  When did you decide to be different?===LIZ:i didn’t... i just do what i do w/o regard to what people think. gisela and i are the only “girls” we know who do not have pierced ears.===JACK:  So, Gisela decided to be like you?  I'm sure thar she's her own person in other ways.  We all are.===LIZ:  gisela was not allowed to get them pierced till she reached majority age... then she no longer wanted them. same w/me. body altering decisions are for adults to make.  you obvs do not know gisela. she goes her own way, always has... and she has made it work for her. she is a leader in every respect, and totally fearless... but that’s like me, actually. 👍🏻===JACK:  Why am I not surprised?

 


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I LOVE your idea of God's hand being  tattooed with our names! If I have to give a devotional, I"m going to pass this on, with credit to you!  This is a good verse to carry with me, and easily memorized!===JACK:  The quote is from a little book by Max Lucado, and he evidently "picked up" that modern translation of the Bible verse.


FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  His hand is big enough for everyone!  As is His heart! ===JACK:  How bibg is God's hand?  He's got the whole world in His hands.

No comments: