Wednesday, December 16, 2020

 

Jack’s Winning Words 12/16/20

“Wow!  Face it…God’s crazy about you!”  (Pr Bob Langseth)  I admire “farm boy” Pr  Bob who’s able to take “religion” and apply it to today’s world.  “God loves you” becomes, “God’s crazy about you.”  People loved the stories Jesus told, because they related to everyday life…”A farmer went out to sow.” is an example.  Today’s quote was used to begin a Confirmation Day sermon. I believe that God does get excited when young people confess their faith.  “In today’s lingo, God might say that he thinks you’re the GOAT!  ;-)  Jack


FROM RVB IN WB:  My youngest son has a shirt that says:  God is dope and thinks the same of me!===JACK:  Are you sure that the shirt says, "dope?"  Maybe it says, "God is hope."===RVB:  Jack, you read it correctly!  One millennial meaning is: Awesome or the best ever   Ask your great grandchildren, ===JACK:  I asked my daughter, and she said: "I knew that!"


FROM LBP:  I guessed right about what GOAT means. Yay! My 9 yo likes to be aghast at the things mom doesn’t know. My 13 yo just sighs===JACK:  I like to play with people's minds.


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  THIS DINASOUR DOES NOT KNOW THE CU;RENT MEANING OF GOAT! :-(  but as Yancy has said, "God is crazy about you! He'd have your picture in his wallet, & on his refrigerator!" I think others have said very similar things, and we can be assured his love is unconditional !! That is a great comfort!  Thankful for your daily words which make us THINK! ===JACK:  G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time.  Another millennialism is "dope."   God is dope! = God is the greatest.  Try these on your grandchildren, and they'll probably think that old gram is really with it.


No comments: