Friday, September 20, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 9/20/19
“No one’s happy all the time…and that’s OK.”  (Burger King crown) BK is observing mental health month with ads saying it’s OK to be “blue” once in a while.  They’re serving “unhappy” meals in blue boxes.  Their king logo has a tear in his eye.  Kids are offered blue crowns.  Maybe it’s a poke at McDonald’s Happy Meals, but it’s true!  Happiness can come and go.  Who’d ever think that with an order of a Whopper and fries, you’d get advice about mental health?   ;-)  Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I agree with them. The thought of eating at Burger King makes me a bit blue.===JACK:  I wonder how it came to be that colors are used to describe feelings?  Feeling blue?  Seeing red?  Blacksick (jealous)?  Any others? ===JON:  Your cleverness often makes me “green” with envy, sir.===JACK:  I'm trying to recall the saying that uses chartreuse.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i ♥️ bk for this!  and whopper jr, hold the pickles, heavy on the mayo, is still the best fast burger in america.===JACK:  Before "chains", I grew up with "Otto's butter-fried burgers".  Otto's was a teen-magnet.===LIZ:  YUM! culver’s is butter fried. best crinkle fries, and their walleye during lent sells out daily. the cod is fab, too, all year.===JACK:  On my current diet, beef, potatoes, milk (ice cream) and more are all no, nos. ..and I've yet to develop a taste for fish.  I'm hungry!

FROM WALMART REV:  Sometimes a good drink of Dr Pepper at 10, 2, and 4 brings out the betterment in a person's day?!?! Good Morning once again, Jack!! 0;-)===JACK:  I'm ready to head to the kitchen for a drink.....Make mine Starbucks Sumatra, black with no sugar.  I wonder how the day will unfold.  God is good!

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I absolutely love this and think BK serves vegetarian burgers now so I’m going to head over next week.  Thanks for the tip.===JACK:  The King's ad has worked.  I agree.  It's good that burger joints are beginning to realize that health-conscious people also eat.  I've eaten vegan with my granddaughter...and I've begun to like it.===BB:  Great that you are so open-minded.  I think vegan (Angelique) and veg are lifestyle choices as well. It’s great to feel that people have a choice, even at fast-food locations.===JACK:  "When  in Rome, do as the Romans do," is not a quote from the Bible, but it does express a biblical truth to be kind to your neighbor.  The quote is attributed to St. Ambrose.  Someone else gave this advice: "When in Rome, do as the Pope does."===BB:  Yes and…if a Roman invites you out (or a Thai) let them order in the restaurant where their national cuisine is available and enjoy what ever is brought to your plate.===Jack:  There might be a question when it comes to Thai.

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  You must have seen that crown in May of this year, when Mental Health Month was celebrated in the United States. We see mental health advice or tips in many places, mostly in cheery little messages that are trying to chase the blues away. It is more realistic to say, as Burger King did, that we all have ups and downs and that it is OK to be down a little, so long as you don’t allow yourself to spiral all the way down into depression. In fact, poking a little fun at being down can often help relieve some of the tension that comes with being down.  Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu had this bit of philosophical advice – “If you are depressed you are living in the past.  If you are anxious you are living in the future.  If you are at peace you are living in the present.===JACK:  I try to look for the positives of situations most of the time.

No comments: