Thursday, September 05, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 9/5/19
“Deja Poo! (adj) The feeling of having heard this crap before.”  (Sent by Kathy)  If you’re like me, there are certain e-mails that you delete even before reading.  Deja Poo!  I’m humble enough to believe that some of my stuff is treated in the same way.  Social media has its pros and cons…especially when it comes to “hot button” issues.  As a blogger of Winning Words, I need to remind myself to make the “deja’s” positive and helpful.  At times a hit…or a miss.  ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i am waiting for your winning words☺===JACK:  It's only 4:50 am.  Hold your horses for ten more minutes.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  This one’s a hit Jack. Very funny.===JACK:  Some people need to have their "funny bone" adjusted.  We can't always be focused on the serious stuff.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Never heard that term before but I like it!  I never have deleted your email before reading it but I haven’t responded for various reasons.  Mostly don’t read it until very late at night.  Be well!===JACK:  During card games, a man that I knew would say, when he got bad cards, "Poo, poo on you, Josephine."  I sometimes use that expression when things don't go my way.

FROM JLF:  That is funny. Kathy who?===JACK:  Your cousin-in-law (I think).

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I really enjoy Winning Words!===JACK:  Writing Winning Words is an extension of writing sermons.  I always try/tried to keep my readers/listeners in mind.
FROM LS IN MI:  I hope Kathy’s loosing words were not directed at your winning words.
I appreciate your words each morning.  Each morning I begin my day thinking about your winning words - sometimes throughout the day, sometimes for just  a moment.  I choose to read what you write,  I choose how to process it and I choose my own path in life with all its consequences appreciated.  Kathy’s words are her choice and it is my choice and yours as to how you hold them.  
I am grateful for your work, thank you for sharing your winning words.===JACK:  Sometimes my message is in what is not said, or written.

FROM VW MS:  Deja Poo.... I like it!===JACK:  I wonder if Milne's Winnie likes it, too?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  There is also vu-deja, none of this looks familiar...===JACK:  That's an interesting "turn of a phrase."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Deja Poo is a fun one! I think we all delete before reading certain emails, but never  WW! Keep up the good work & friendly banter. It gives us a lift, no matter what time of day we access it! :-)===JACK:  Everybody doesn't have a sense of humor.  I happened to be born into a family where there was joking around.  My sister and I tend to laugh at the same things.  In fact, I keep a list of funny things that were said when we were growing up.  "Blacksick" comes to mind today.

FROM GDJ IN WI:  I do and always have appreciated your positive approach to life. I'll always remember driving to your church to have coffee with you so I could vent, seek guidance and benefit from your wisdom.   Peace===JACK:  I remember riding with you in the old Detroit neighborhood where you grew up and hearing what it was like "back when."  If you were in town, we could easily go out for coffee and relive some of the memories.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i read every blog of yours...===JACK:  I count that as a compliment, because I know that you are "choosy" in how you use your time.

No comments: