Monday, September 09, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 9/9/19
“It’s hard to feel blessed when you don’t feel your best…”  (Get Well card)  When it comes to “easier said than done”, I think of Job (in the Bible).  He’d lost his wealth, his children and his health.  His friends urged him to curse God and simply die.  But he responded, “Tho he slay me, yet will I trust him!”  Have there been times when your faith has been tested?  …when you’ve questioned God?  Oh, to have the faith of Job!  It worked out for him.  It can for you!   ;-)  Jack


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  how did that work out for job?===JACK:  The Job story relates a challenge to God by Satan.  Satan says, "Job is faithful because he has been blessed in many ways.  Will he continue to be faithful if these blessings are taken away?"  The blessings are taken away, and Job remains faithful.  In the end, the blessings are restored twofold.  If you want to be "picky", the children taken away can't really be restored...but the real point of the story is that "real faith" is not because of blessings, but because of a real trust in God, no matter what.

FROM LUCEEBETH:  The words for today got to me! I found out after 10 months off my immunotheraphy drug (for cancer) that a new metastatic lesion is found at the dome of my liver.  And also that I have iron deposits in liver and spleen.  Ablation will be done Oct 14 for the lesion.  I will meet my oncologist next week to address iron problem and post ablation treatment.  I still feel blessed having woken up this morning!   :-)===JACK:  This is something I did  not want to read this morning!  And yet, I'm encouraged to see how well it fits with the Job story.  I am even more inspired by you and your life.  I am adding you to my daily  Prayer List... "Our Father...Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

FROM DS IN SOCAL:  I must remember this.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true, but I always go by the Mantra, "There is always,
always,  ALWAYS something to be thankful for." Even in the worst of times....I look for that! ===JACK:  ,,,like the man who cried because he had no shoes...until he saw a man who had no feet.

No comments: