Monday, October 03, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  10/3/22

“Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?  We could float among the stars together.”  (Song by the 5th Dimension)  This is the 60th anniversary of the Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival.  It’s the largest such even in the world with over 600 balloons.  Spectacular!  I once received a balloon ride as a birthday present, but it had to be cancelled because of bad weather.  Bummer!  Maybe you’ve had better luck…to float peacefully over the countryside with the occasional sound of the gas burner.  If you were given a chance to fly any place in the world in a hot air balloon, where might that be and with whom?  ;-)  Jack.

FROM VW MARY:  Got to ride in a hot air balloon in Kenya with the Nomads.  Awesome experience…..===JACK:  One of the fond memories relegated to the past...The Nomads.  I never had the pleasure of one of their trips, although several of my friends were members.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I've been told on occasion that I was full of 'hot air' but haven't gotten very far off the ground yet?!" 0;-))===JACK:  I'd rather be accused of being full of hot air than being full of B.S.===REV:  That descriptive terms too has been used at times?! 0;-)) ===JACK:  But nothing beats being filled with the Holy Spirit.

FROM COPPER COUNTRY BOB:  Never thought of you as full of hot air.  Blessed week.===JACK:  As old age increases I've become more accepting of people who have different views than I have.  "Judge not that ye be judged."

FROM SR RD:  When I was on a sabbatical leave in New Mexico, I lived in an area where one of the tenets had a hot air balloon.  He took me up when those 600 other colors were either unraveled or already afloat.  That was such a thrill for me! and when we landed in a rather bumpy way in the desert area, friends were there to open a bottle of champagne.  I loved it all!!!===JACK:  Were you in the habit of wearing a habit at that time?  I can imagine you playing the "lead" in The Sound of Music.

FROM SALON SUZY:  On my bucket list.. have a friend from the gym that leaves tomorrow. Her ride is Thursday weather permitted===JACK:  My one and oly chance for a ride was scrubbed by the weather.  Bummer.

FROM DAZ IN COLRADO:  They're amazing things to watch. One went over our house in WB just barely over. Something to watch from the ground.===JACK:  I understand that it takes a special skill to fly one.  Did you ever have the desire?

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  I gave Bob a surprise hot air balloon ride for his 30th birthday, over 42 years ago. Highland recreation area. We always wanted to do a hot air balloon trip in Europe but it's no longer on the list. Glad we did it once. 😃===JACK:  When we first moved to West Bloomfield, it was not unusual to see hot air balloons floating over our neighborhoods.

FROM CR:  In about 2 weeks my 2 daughters and I are going up. We were canceled last fall due to weather. Wish us better luck Oct 22. 😊===JACK:  Being in the balloon will be great.  Being with your daughters will be GREATER!

 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jack, for your timeless wisdom! What a treat seeing you up close and personal this weekend:-)