Monday, October 17, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 10/17/22

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” (Robert Louis Stevenson)  Joan’s son is a farmer.  Last year’s crop was drought-stricken and pretty much a failure.  This year’s harvest, now in progress,  seems to be much, much better.  Hallelujah!  As we wake up each morning,, who knows what the day will bring?  It’s like spring planting,  except that many of us  have a feeling that there is a God watching over us.  Faith is not measurable.  I’ve been told that farmers are among the most faithful of church people.  I can believe it, because they live it each day.  What is it that causes you to believe in a God who watches over you?  ;-)  Jack 

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I care not today what the morrow may bring,  If shadow or sunshine or rain,  The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything,  And all of my worries are vain.  [Refrain]: Living by faith in Jesus above,  Trusting, confiding in His great love;  From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,  I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.  Though tempests may blow and the storm clouds arise,  Obscuring the brightness of life,  I’m never alarmed at the overcast skies—   The Master looks on at the strife. [Refrain]  I know that He safely will carry me through,  No matter what evils betide;  Why should I then care though the tempest may blow,  If Jesus walks close to my side. [Refrain]  Our Lord will return for His loved ones some day,  Our troubles will then all be o’er;  The Master so gently will lead us away,   beyond that blest heavenly shore. [Refrain]  (Living by Faith, James Wells & R. E. Winsett, 1918) ===JACK:  FINALLY a chorus that I don't know, but many of the things you send are favorites of mine.  BTW, did you know that the founder of Dairy Queen was "Grandpa McCullough" from Iowa?  Google him.===REV:  Being an appointed chaplain by the owner of the three here in our area, I am awarded all the ice cream I would want to eat, but I try to be discreet about it . . . They are always bringing me all their mistakes when I’m there. 0;-) ===JACK:  All you can eat?  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


FROM SR RD:  AS what happened this a.m.. . .when I can ask forgiveness when I perceive  I have hurt someone.===JACK:  I thought that you were perfect, or close to it.  I guess that there's truth in the verse: "All have sinned and fallen short ..."  And, God's promise of forgiveness is for all, too. .

FROM BLAZING OAKS:   I picture being united with loved ones who have crossed over!!===JACK:  If there's anyone who's made the best of her life, it's you....and that's a compliment, in case you missed it.

FROM DR J:  This is another great quote… I love it. Hard to focus on the long term impact small individual actions can have… but we must!  Enjoy the day… ===JACK:  There's more going on (all the time) with our body and mind than we can ever imagine. 

FROM EMT SINGS IN TC:  The blessings that I wake up to every day! Good health, wonderful, supportive family and friends.  And speaking of farming--I am from MN and last weekend my daughter and I drove to MN., went to cemetery (my folks are buried there), the small town of Echo was where I lived those many years ago. Several years on a farm, We drove back on Monday and she had to go back to work(is a PA in Canton). We had a wonderful time!  ===JACK:  The blessings that I wake up to every day! Good health, wonderful, supportive family and friends.  And speaking of farming--I am from MN and last weekend my daughter and I drove to MN., went to cemetery (my folks are buried there), the small town of Echo was where I lived those many years ago. Several years on a farm, We drove back on Monday and she had to go back to work(is a PA in Canton). We had a wonderful time!  

FROM ST PAUL:  the fact that i am still here and can think of about 2 dozen reasons why i should not be here!:):):)  truely!===JACK:  I saw a great segment on 60 Minutes about Deion Sanders.  At point point he said that so much of our life is based on the "What ifs."  What if "this" happened in Paul's life instead of the "that."  Think about ot....and give a prayer of thanks to to God. 

 FROM GR7:  That each day is a blessing!===JACK:  ...and sometimes it's a blessing in disguise - just taking it for granted. 

 

 



. .

 

 

--

No comments: