Friday, September 30, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 9/30/22

“Never complain.  Never explain.”  (Henry Ford II biography)  I didn’t realize that this quote originated in England, which could explain why the Royal Family is so tight-lipped about their activities.  I’m more familiar with it as the title of the biography of Henry Ford II. “What was it like growing up with your grandfather?"  "How come you were married three times?" Someone once told me "you're the most tight-lipped pastor's family that I know of.”  Various roles in life require discretion and confidentialty, whether it be doctor, pastor, lawyer, therapist or friend.  Are you able to keep secrets?  ;-)  Jack

FROM WILLMAR REV:  "I'm not telling?!" 0;-))===JACK:  Thanks for the Facebook message that someone has been named the greatest AG Community Pastor in Minnesota (In the world?).

FROM SK IN SJ:    Friends share their problems a lot and they always say ‘don’t tell anyone”. So you have to store a lot of “secrets” 🤣I usually say I’ll forget before I can pass it on, ha!! ===JACK:  Did you ever play the child's game: Pass It On?  It's sometimes funny how messages get garbled when passed on.

FROM ST PAUL:  wait a minute:):)  who was married 3 times??  just curious.===JACK:  "The Deuce!"

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Probably a dozen others have written this: the quote is from George Bernard Shaw.  I'm not sure but it may be in "Major Barbara".===JACK:  It is the title of Ford's biography and probably has its origin with the Royal Family in England.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  When I was young, there were many questions answered with “it’s not y/our business”  We did not talk about tragedies, accidents, divorce etcetera.  I was also told to speak softly in restaurants and in public as “it’s no one’s business or no one else wants to hear y/our conversation”.  Now, with people shouting into their phones in public places including trains and airplanes, I wish they had my mother around to “school them” on their blather😊  Keep it to yourself!===JACK:  I can't remember that we, as a family, even went to a restaurant.  It was the Great Depression, and we had no money.

FROM JOE ANN:  I had a child of five tell me she knew a secret but she could not tell me because she swallowed it!===JACK:  Maybe her secret was that she was chewing gum.  Did you ever swallow your gum?  I did.

FROM KF IN WB:  I’m really good at keeping secrets- especially big ones!! 😄😄 ===JACK:  Is it animal, vegetable or mineral?===KF: Definitely animal.===JACK:  Related to you? 







No comments: