Friday, September 16, 2022

 

*Jack’s Winning Words 9/16/22
“One day at a time, Sweet Jesus, that’s all I’m asking of you.  Help me today, show me the way, one day at a time.”  (Marijohn Wilkin & Kris Kristofferson)  One of the best pieces advice I’ve been able to people who are “stresse” is to refer to the song, One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus.  Don’t burden yourself with the future’s problems before they happen.  “One day at the time, sweet Jesus” is a very good prayer.  “Give me the strength to face each day, one day at a time.”  An article in Psychology Today says that when things seem to be getting out of control, avoid turning to unhealthful habits and choose to live  with hopefulness.  Listening to Cristy Lane’s version of One Day at a Time helps me.  What is it that’s a help for you?  ;-) Jack


FROM DS IN SOCAL:  I like this.===JACK:  It's meaningful to me, too.


FROM DP SAUSAGE MAN:  This is where our family is since Jeff fell at home and smacked his head Labor Day weekend. He had brain surgery and his recovery has been one step forward then one step backwards. This is day 13 in ICU.  So it's one day at a time, sweet Jesus.   Please pray for Jeff's recovery. ===JACK:  I shall certainly do that.  I need to have him continue to run through the cemetery past my future gravesite.  The positive side of my brain says that things will work out, because he and God are friends.===DP:  Thank you so much.   I remember calling you during my mother's vigil.  I never told you that she graciously passed within an hour of our conversation.   His will be done.===JACK:  There are church members and there are friends.  Some can be both.  Your parents (and family) were both to us.


No comments: