Wednesday, September 14, 2022

 *Jack’s Winning Words 9/14/22

“While we may have more still to endure, better days will return.  We will be with our friends again.  We will be with our families again.  We will meet again.”  (Queen Elizabeth)  These words were spoken by Elizabeth during WW 2 when families were separated, not knowing whether or not they’d see each other again.  They were the right words at the right time.  They take on new meaning now at the time of her death.  Many people believe that death brings a uniting of people.  Mitch Albom wrote a best-seller titled ”The Five People You Meet In Heaven.”  Can you name five who you’d like to see again?  Five who you’d like to meet again?  I happen to think that death will bring better days.  ;-)  Jack

FROM SMILIN' TERI:  Your quotes are most meaningful.  I Went to my chiropractor in the afternoon.  I did not mention you, for some reason, he asked me if I knew you.  OF COURSE!  And told him I just saw you on Zoom.  ….He sends his best wishes and spoke so highly of you.  AND, I agreed, of course.===JACK:  He used to come to Optimist meetings, but had to give them up because of other responsibilities.  Nice man........Nice you, too.

FROM ER IN SJ:  Very timely. My friend, T, lost her dad to cancer early this morning. I gave passed along your healing words to her. Thank you. ===JACK:  Yours is an example as to why I call them, Winning Words.  Tell T that I'm offering a prayer for her and her family...and, while I'm at it...one for you, too.

FROM SR RD:  OH, yes, I can name dozens of persons I'd like to meet again. . .and I agree with you, Jack: "death brings better days"!===JACK:  Naming five, does not eliminate all of the others.  My five do not necessaqrily include prominent people.  My father, for one.  The grandmother who said that she always prayed for me.  Little Sarah who dies too early.  ...and a couple of others.

FROM SM:  We are passing through. On to our internal home🙏Praise to God! ===JACK:  As the old song puts it: "This world is not my own; I'm just-a passin' through."

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  My parents, Linda Rudy/cousin who was good to my Mom in her later years, Dick Schwaab/friend and devout Christian who died recently, and Lloyd Howie/college roommate and good friend Navy pilot whose funeral I attended on May 25, 1970, the same day I graduated from law school.  5 of whom come first to mind from a longer list of many others who come readily to mind.===JACK:  I have a new concept of death, since my "near death" about a year ago.  I didn't "see" any loved ones, or even God...but I'll never forget it.

No comments: