Tuesday, September 27, 2022

 

*Jack’s Winning Words 9/27/22
“We do inherit the earth from our ancestors;  we borrow it from our children.”  (Native American Proverb)  3 years ago a youth movement to save the earth began with a 16 yr old Swede, Greta Thunberg as the leader.  Taking action for dealing with the problem of climate change continues to grow.  Greta’s not popular with everyone, but that’s not her goal.  She wants to alert  “the world” that the planet is in danger.  I read recently that “there is no plan-et B!”  There’s a verse in the Bible (Isaiah): “A little child shall lead them.”  Miracles will happen because a child takes leadership.  “The lion shall lay down with the lamb!’ and both will be safe.  Could we be seeing the Bible come to life in our day?  ;-)  Jack   

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Enjoyed the poem this morning.  Thank you for sharing these thoughts.  Greta’s an inspiration whether or not you agree with her point of view.===JACK:  For you Greta critics.....What good were you accomplishing when you were sixteen?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Interesting that we somehow borrow and mortgage it before returning it.===JACK:  People often ask me as I age, what differences do I see in the world of today?  Upon reflection.....so many people are living on credit, living with stuff that they really don't own.  In the old days, you didn't buy something until you could afford it. 

FROM CPA MIKE:  I'm all for saving our planet. My biggest fear is that politicians are really going to screw this up. We need to find a better way.===JACK:  I don't trust politicians to do it.  Turn it over to the "Gretas," meaning people who is really interested in doing something to see that it's accomplished.,===M:   I would prefer non political scientists.===JACK:  I believe that there are such.

FRO SR RD:  I believe so, too, Jack, and much of it is coming from the YOUNG people!!!===JACK:  They have the most to lose.  The Church needs to energize the youth, too.  St Francis won't last forever.===R:  Amen and Amen.  As long as we're talking about miracles.  Will there ever be a female Pope?===R:  I do believe so. . . . 😏

FROM JU IN NC:  As the earth becomes destroyed, we want to see more of God.  If we SET our eyes on the invisible Hope.. we will not Become Beset by the visible hopelessness.===JACK:  I think that you've hit the nail on the head.  Without the help of God, our striving will be in vain.  There's a song: "My God and I."

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  just so you know, i am not rising to this bait 😂 ===JACK:  Just so you know, I believe that you are a caring person about people, about conditions, about the earth.  Solutions to the many problems that appear before us are not easy to come by.  I am impressed that you "care!"===LIZ:  thank you! i do, and i do a lot of volunteer PR work for good causes..===JACK:  You probably even give a hug to someone once in a while..===LIZ:  you know masks don't work, right?===JACK:  If you say so.  You seem to have the answers.  (I'm not trying to be snide.)===LIZ:  the kind like my daughter wears in the hospital is the only kind that works. she is in ICU. also... 25% of common cold viruses are coronaviruses. a cold will get you a positive test result.  we've lived this long. i'm not worried!===JACK:  There are still medical buildings that I visit that require masking.  No problem for me.  In fact, I'll use one later this morning.

 

 



 




No comments: