Wednesday, September 07, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words 9/7/22

“Thank you, Lord for seeing me.  It’s so easy to get lost these days in the shuffle and the noise.”    (George Beverly Shea song)  There’s a reason why I don’t play the Mega Lottery – the chances of winning are 1 in 302,575,306.  But, there is a reason why I pray.  I believe that in spite of the fact that there are over 7 billion people in the world, the Creator God is aware of each one.  “Thank you, Lord, for knowing that I exist and for caring about me.  Horns, yelling, sirens, gunshots, crying – even the softest of prayers – God hears and knows.  Don’t give up.  Keep the faith.  “Thank you, Lord, for knowing who I am. George Beverly Shea has put these words to music…one of my favorite songs.  ;-)  Jack” 

FROM SK IN SJ:  Believing supports that we are never alone. God is always here for us.  By the way, did you have a good B-day?? Did you get a cake? I love cake and ice cream, ha! Love you guys!===JACK:  If anyone knows of the presence of Sounds yummy! Enjoy your day today as well. I’m going to help make greeting cards today. It’s a fun and creative time. Love and hugs to both of you!😊❤ ===SK: GSounds yummy! Enjoy your day today as well. I’m going to help make greeting cards today. It’s a fun and creative time. Love and hugs to both of you!😊❤===JACK:  Make one for us and send it sometimes as a surprise.===FROM SK IN SJ:  Good idea!===JACK:  Ideas are always floating around.  The trick is to grab the goood ones and hang on to them..

od at ALL times, it has to be you.  We are pleased to have you as our friend.===SK:   

FROM JU IN NC:  Thanks for sharing such a beautiful message.===JACK:  The lyrics are by Kurt Kaiser.  You can pull them up if you can't get GBS.

FROM WOODWIND JACKIE:  I love your positive attitude!  👍  This is the day that the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it!===JACK:  Let us say about today --- "This is the day the Lord has made."

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  That’s particularly comforting these days.  ===JACK:  There are "THOSE" days when we particularly need comforting.

FROM JJ:  Prayer is better than the lottery. I recall the old joke of the man who prayed to God every day that he might win the lottery. He prayed fervently day after day and finally, at the temple, cried out loud: “Lord, I am a good man; I have done everything you ever asked, and I ask now is that I should win the lottery! Finally, in an audible voice, he heard God clearly: “Buy a ticket!”  We want results without effort. The older man can’t ride the train unless the young man sets aside funds for the future ticket.

 

No comments: