Thursday, September 01, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words  9/1/22
“September tries its best to have us forget summer.”  (Bern Williams)  Do you have a favorite  month?  Mine happens to be September.  April is a close second.  Maybe it’s because I like the seasons, autumn and springtime.  I’ve lived long enough to have found enjoyment in each age of life, too.  The teens were fun, and going to college and seminary was an exciting experience.  My job as a pastor was challenging and rewarding.  Family life?  It couldn’t have been better.  With  relatively good health and new friends, the golden years have been golden   In spite of today’s quote, I don’t want to forget summer, or any of the good memories I have.  How about you?  What do you treasure in your memory bank?  ;-)  Jack


FROM G7:  I enjoy Summer but look forward to September to see God's splendor!===JACK:  A summer storm knocked out my internet and my TV for several days.  I did NOT like that.


FROM WILLMAR REV:  "What do I treasure most in my memory bank?" ...    

The more I trust Him, the more I love Him 

Nothing good for me He'll deny 

The longer I know Him, the better I can show Him 

I couldn't stop now if I tried 

 (Chorus): It gets sweeter as the days go by 

It gets sweeter as the moments fly 

His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter 

Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by 

 Oh, the moment He saved my His good grace He gave me 

He place His love down deep in my heart 

There's great joy in knowing with Him I am going 

And never more from Him to depart 

(Chorus)

(Repeat) It gets sweeter as the days go by 

It gets sweeter as the moments fly 

His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter 

Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by 

Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by   0;-) 

===JACK:  I know that song!  ...and I like it, too!


FROM DANDI SANDI:  My treasure chest is filled with a loving family and devoted friends. Everything starts there. Blessed with good health and good life choices. 🥰===JACK:  I'm sure that your list includes some students who remember you as their teacher.


FROM JU IN NC:  That I even have a memory?===JACK:  Sometimes we forget thank God for that magical gift of being able to recall.  Thanks for reminding me of that.


FROM BB IN CHGO:  I love September too.  October a close second.  I concur with you about he “golden years” as well.  Other than gaining a few and having some creaks where there were formerly none, it’s a grand time  to be alive.===JACK:  As the days dwindle down...I appreciate seeing my family growing up into the adults that they have become.  "Parenting" has not been in vain.  Your "two" have your fingerprints on their lives...for the good.  

 

 


No comments: