Friday, September 09, 2022

 ack’s Winning Words 9/9/22

“Walk through the day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing and sharing trust with each step.”  (Sent by Joe Ann)  JA was a Kindergarten teacher.  She brought me a book the other day (What A Wonderful World) and read it to me as though I were a child.  I almost sat down and crossed my legs.  She had the Louis Armstrong CD for playing in the background.  Imagine that!  Reading to me as though I were a child.  It helped me to SEE the world as a child sees it.   I loved it.  I read of a woman in Brooklyn who has started a pre-school for adults, complete with finger painting and naptime?  Interested?  ;-)  Jack

FROM CR:  I gave that book to both sets of my grandchildren. I would sing/read it to them. Always brought me some happy tears. ===JACK:  What brought me the most pleasure was JOE ANN reading the book to me as she would to a Kindergartener...holding it up to me and pointing to the pictures.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  I think when we go see our granddaughter in Brooklyn I'm going to check out the adult pre-school.  Nap time sounds especially enticing. ===JACK:  Just you wait....There comes a time when naps are not optional. ===RS:  I see that option going away….perhaps sooner than I suspect


FROM SR RD:  I surely am interested, Jack!! I have always loved children's books. . .and this email reminds me of my having read again the precious book from Dom Helder Camara and his stories and poetry so cherished by me and the people I have already read the ants story to. . . 😄😌===JACK:  Perhaps you could translate Camara's words into a form that children could understand....something to do while you're wondering how to spend your spare time.

FROM JOE ANN:  What an honor, and a complete surprise, to tell me that the way I read that wonderful book to you touched your heart. I do not remember how I read that book to you, but I am so happy it made you feel childlike. I had the most wonderful job in the world. Now if I see an adult hurting someone I want to say go to the time out chair. Jack your milk and cookies are just a phone call away!===JACK:  Time-out chair for me.  I got P in Deportment.  My parents were not happy with that.

No comments: