Wednesday, August 31, 2022

 Jack’s Winning Words  8/30/22

“We should not be afraid to go into a new era, to leave the old behind.”  (Zach Wamp)  Zach was a Tennessee politician who prided himself in being bi-partisan.  He wanted to get things done without caring who got the credit.  I like his thought, too, of trying new things.  I recall how apprehensive I was when first learning to use the computer.  Now…a piece of cake (not).  Last week I saw a video of the coming robot-age.  Problems?  Yes.  Fear?  No  A hymn has this line: “New occasions teach new duties”  I like that.  Face the future, trusting that you have God as a friend who goes with us.  We need more Wamps in this world and fewer wimps.  ;-)  Jack. 

FROM WOODWINDS:  What is WAMP (Beginners Friendly Guide) (hostinger.com)  You got me curious as to what exactly a "Wamp" is.... is this what you had in mind?  🤔  ===JACK:  As far as I know, Wamp is the last name of a man from Tennessee who was an admired politician.

FROM ST PAUL:  certainly our years at SLLC were wonderful in soo many ways.  good friends and a loving congregation of God's people to be serving for 8 1/2  years.===JACK:  Compared to SOTV?  Each of my ministries was special in its own way.  Someone recently asked her sibling: "Which of your children do you like the best?"  It was taken as an inappropriate question.===SP:  Good point.  SLLC was such a great training ground for me to practice my skills.  and a very caring and forgiving congregation.    perhaps preparing me for  sotv?    i like to think so.  Good point.  SLLC was such a great training ground for me to practice my skills.  and a very caring and forgiving congregation.    perhaps preparing me for  sotv?    i like to think so.  ===JACK:  Perhaps in the eyes of God, "the least shall be first."  I sometimes feel that way about my calling.   

FROM EMT SINGS IN TC:  I really treasure all of your WW. I do not respond nearly often enough, but know that my days are brightened every time I read them! ===JACK:  Responses are fun to read, but remembering past experiences that we've had is the best.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  "Once to every (one) and nation . . ."  slightly updated, is still a good poem/hymn . . . for we each have decisions to make that will determine our future.  Thanks, Wamp and thanks, Jack.===JACK:  "Once to every person and nation comes the moment to decide."  Think about the decisions you've had to make in your lifetime....life altering, but God has been with you all the way.

 


 


No comments: