Tuesday, March 22, 2022

 *Jack’s Winning Words 3/22/22

“God respects me when I work, but He loves me when I sing.”  (Rabindranath Tagore) Today marks the birth-days of famous (but different) singers: Elton John and Aretha Franklin. Both were award-winning song composers.  What I didn’t realize was that Hindu philosopher Tagore also wrote songs, 2,232 of them.  God respects those who make music: Did you know that Gandhi played the concertina? And that Einstein was a violinist?  And that Harry Truman banged on the piano?  I expect that in Heaven there will be more that harp playing and angel choirs. Make a joyful noise today! ;-)  Jack 

FROM MMM:  I've worked with many musicians in my ministry, and you've been one of the best.  I expect that you will enjoy Heaven in more ways than one.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  “You can have a song in your heart in the night,  After every mile, after every trial,  Anyone can (sing) when the sun is shining bright,  But you can have a song in your heart in the night!” 0;-)===JACK:  I did some editing of your response.  Did I do right?  BTW, I still think that you should record a CD of you singing some of your favorite hymns and choruses.

FROM SR R IN SC:  The sound of music delights our God, too! My voice is virtually gone but i can sing with my heart===JACK:  Even the crows call is beautiful to other crows and to the God who made them as they are.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I will do that.

No comments: