Monday, March 14, 2022

 

Jack’s Winning Words 3/14/22

     “If nothing lasts forever, will u be my nothing?”  (Posted by A-aron Graap)    In one of the biblical creation stories, God said, “It is not good that man should be alone.”  We’re meant to relate to each other.  Do you remember your first relationship?  What drew you to that other person? Fate, beauty, common interests, symbiosis?  Online dating sites are popular these days.  Certain signs indicate that the cyber-connect might be a good match: 1) You can talk about anything. 2) You can spend time apart, but don’t want to. 3) Both are willing to compromise. 4) You want to tell others about this relationship.  Have you found your “nothing?”  ;-  Jack


FROM THE SCIENTIST:  First? I was 6 and the flower girl. He was 5 and the ring bearer. Alas we lived 3 states away. But we sent letters back and forth for at least a year. I’m sure our moms got a kick out of it and we’re glad to see us practice writing. Now? 22 years of marriage to my other half. :)===JACK:  I remember 22 years ago, BTW,What happened to the ring-bearer?


FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i have made many friends of all ilks online... kinda like having  "penpals."===JACK:  As I think of it, I have met all of my FB "friends" face to face at one time or another.  I treasure the friends I have in Michigan and in Minnesota.  "Let's go out for a cup of coffee" is our favorite phone greeting. ===LIZ:  we have met! and i hope we will meet again. 😇===JACK:  Next time I'll bring the dessert.


FROM ER IN SJ:  I love this one. So simply sweet, but also very complex. The problem is that people, lives and the world are constantly in flux. Another huge question is, "are you willing to adapt with me to navigate through life"? ===JACK:  "One size (in this instance) does not fit all.  It "fits" for the original sender in his situation.


FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  At the risk of being disrespectful, I suggest that it is a waste of time to trying find your nothing.  I think your time should be spent in trying to find your something.  As is stated in our Optimist Creed,"To make all your friends feel that there is "something" in them.  I propose it should read "something special" in them.  Just thinkin...===JACK:  Just like "beauty"... the meaning of words is "in the eye of the beholder."  Nothing can also be read as l NO THING."  i agree, "to make others feel that there is something in them" needs a follow up to some thing.  Even "special" seems weak.  How about "some good" in them?


 

No comments: