Wednesday, August 25, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 8/25/21

“I never say, ‘never,’ and I never say, ‘always.’”  (Grace Kelly)  Never and Always are called absolute words.  I don’t like absolutes, because they leave no room for discussion or “exceptions.”   We learn by exploring other minds whether discussing morality, politics, or religion.  Princess Grace was simply saying, “I don’t pretend to have all of the answers, and I’m willing to listen to your thoughts.”  I echo her words.  I don’t know about you, but I think that life sometimes needs “wiggle room.” ;-)  Jack”
www.jackswinningwords.blogspot.com to see my blog

FROM WILLMAR REV:  "Absolutely!" Good Morning, Jack!! 0;-)===JACK:  Church people need to be aware that "faith" is a growing entity.  We need to be careful with the use of "absolutes." 

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  you could also add "only" to your list of absolutes.  ===JACK:  Only you could have thought of that,===SP:  yesterday we were talking about there being too much Absolutism is our world today.   what word best describes the opposite of Absolutism?    just curious. ===JACK:  I might ise the word, qualified....or to be flexible. ===SP:  I like it.  Thanks
 

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I agree! We modify many of our opinions after more thought and research, and listening to others!===JACK:  Even :we" have to be careful when we use the phrase "It says in the Bible."  It's not to be used as an absolute (without explanation).  ===OAKS:   The old writers and prophets had a much more "Hell-fire and Damnation view of God inspiring fear and awe, the NT writers inspired warmth and love and a very caring God.  I like the NT. But our Bible is only 5,000 yrs. old compared to Billions of years of history of Earth. I think I read that life on Earth emerged 150 Million yrs. ago! Almost impossible to take in!!  Reading the book Sapiens was an eye-opener, too!===JACK:  ...and even before the beginning of time...there was no Bible, but there was GOD!

FROM JO-AN IN ST-JO:  Sometimes I just Go along to Get along. Works for me.===JACK:  I've done that a few times myself, especially as a pastor.

FROM SR RD:  Oh, YES!  thanks, Lord, that you give us wiggle room.  Help us to give it to one another!===JACK:  I like my space.  Am I weird?

FROM STEVE THE WONDER:  A little 'wiggle room' is the best way to go when dealing with just about everything. ===JACK:  I always tried to do that as a pastor...and as a parent.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Do you “confess” the Apostle’s Creed each Sunday? ===JACK:   I do....bit keeping in mind Luther's mall Catechism... "What doe this mean?"  

No comments: