Monday, August 16, 2021

 

Jack’s Winning Words 8/16/21

“I think that the first song I ever performed was, Jesus Be A Fence Around Me.”  (Aretha Franklin)   Aretha’s religious faith was certainly influenced by her father, a famous Detroit preacher…and by the music of the Baptist Church tradition.  The song, Jesus, Be A Fence, asks for God’s protection during the ups and downs of everyday life…and Aretha did have downs as well as many ups.  There’s no “fence” that’ll keep bad things from happening, but the Psalmist writes: “The Lord is my Shepherd…I will fear no evil, for He is my fence.”  ;-)  Jack


FROM SRRD AT SB:  I, too, am willing and eager to Stay Inside the Fence, jack! ===JACK:  Do you have time or opportunity to hear "pop"msongs inside of the fence?===RD:  My difficulty, Jack, is that I can't hear. . . .time or opportunity is available, of course! 😢===JACK:  I have the same problem, but I just "crank up" the volume when no one's around.  Have you heard the song, "One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus?"


FROM DAZ IN CO:  Loved Aretha in the Blues Brothers.===JACK:  She got no RESPECT from her husband/boy friend,  H walked out to "join the band!" ===DAZ:  But the song was great. That was a great scene.


No comments: