Wednesday, August 04, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words  8/4/21

“I was playing Scrabble with my dad when he spelt the word, STNEVE.  It was an unexpected turn of events.”  (Juicy Quotes)  Rachel has a mug with all of the 2-letter Scrabble words printed on it.  “No fair using it during a game!”  If someone were to lay down “stneve” in a game, I’d let it go and congratulate the person.  Games are not always about winning or losing; they’re about having fun.  In England, granddaughter Janel once won a Backward Race.  I’d like to see that race as an Olympic event.  Have games ever taught you anything?  ;-)  Jack 

FROM SR AT SB:  Games are not my forte, Jack!  but I prefer to win when I do play! ===JACK:  I even want to win when I play Old Maid with my grandchildren.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  BTW I googled “STNEVE” figuring I missed something.  As a small child, Connor often asked, “is this a thinking or a hoping game”?  I fondly recall those times.  Early on, he understood that some things were played strategically and others “luck of the draw”. He liked Connect 4, Chess and other “thinking games” back then and was proud to beat others who thought he didn’t have a chance.  Yes, I agree with you that it is about the fun but there are other aspects of being a worthy contender and out-playing or out-foxing the competition.  Did you happen to watch the Queens Gambit TV series?===JACK:  QG was not on my "watch" list.  BTW, I NEVER thought that you'd be one to miss my "FUN" Winning Words.  "Turn of STNEVE" was funny to me.

FROM TRIHARDER:  I would worry that the dad spelling STNEVE might be suffering from dementia. ===JACK:  Quite the contrary!    It would show that his brain was working....only a touch of dyslexia.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  what does that word mean?===JACK:  As the teacher mused to say, "Put on your thinking cap."  Hint:  Write the word and put in front of a mirror.

FROM GD JC:  It was a very goofy race!===JACK:  Being a soccer player was bound to help you.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Games have taught me how to lose graciously. ===JACK:  How does a bowler lose graciously?  Buy a beer for the winner?

No comments: