Thursday, September 10, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 9/10/20

“Every time I think that I’m getting old and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.”  (Elvis)  It is commonly thought that between the ages of 55 and 65, old age begins, the saying is: “You’re as old as you feel.”  Presley died at 42, an old man before his time.  So much potential, but poor life choices sent him to an early Graceland grave. Psalm 90 advises us to “number our days to get a heart of wisdom,” meaning: Make wise life choices!  :-)  Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It’s not how I want to live but the alternative isn’t that great either.  My good old Danish heritage.===JACK:  As I recall it (before mergers), there were the Happy Danes and the Sad Danes.  The Happy one joined with the ELCA.  Do you recall which group your family was associated with?

FROM JW IN SJ:  These Winning Words are especially meaningful to me, especially the last line===JACK:  I always liked the Biblical admonition: "Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."


No comments: