Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 Jack’’s Winning Words 9/21/20

“I often think in music.  I live my daydreams in music.”  (Einstein)  September is designated as Classical Music Month.  Sometimes I write Winning Words while listening to, Music for the Mind…or, Bach for BreakfastYoutube can play them, if you need inspiration and relaxation.  Norman Ross (WMAQ-400 Hour) introduced me to classical (and semi) music.  As I recall, his theme song was “Sleeping Beauty Waltz.”  Is there music that encourages you to think and daydream?  ;-)  Jack

FROM LBP:  Thinking music is new age piano. My Pandora channel  is seeded with George Winston and I’ve come to know of some new favs that way.===JACK:  I remember when Winston came on the scene and his recordings were popular.  As I sit here and  respond to you, I'm listening to Mozart.  What a genius.  His music stimulates my brain cells.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Music is a huge part of our lives.  We do a lot of singing together.  Joshua sings a lot of solos in his church and all of us, even the youngest have been in choir.  It’s how Gary and I met...him 9, me 11.===JACK:  Strange, but I vividly recall in my "visual mind" you and Gary walking with the choir into church as worship was beginning.  BTW, it would be fun to hear Joshua sing: "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho."

FROM NRC INVI:  Yes, different tunes can influence my moods.  For instance, a rousing JPS march is good when I have a big job to do.  I remember Norman Ross…I wonder if that also is what influences my favorite choices on the radio today.  Thanks for the good memories.  Hope you’re feeling more peppy today.       Nancy Ruth      Gotta go rinse my shape tra la la la  all your troubles go bubblin’ down the drain.===JACK:  I believe that "The Old Fashioned Revival Hour" and Mrs T as a song leaders had much to do with our love of church music.

FROM SF:  Playing ‘Bach with Breakfast‘ now. Thanks!===JACK:  Isn't it great!  Was music ever used during study time in your school?

FROM DR J:  Smooth jazz  and new age... also like classical!===JACK:  Smooth Jazz...another style that I like alot. 

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  I love to listen to Gabreil's Oboe from the Mission.  My sister walked down the isle to this when she married Don, 10 years ago, and the last occasion  that dear Angela enjoyed!===JACK:  Who said, "Music calms the soul."  I'll have to look it up.

No comments: