Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 9/29/20

“We will be known by the tracks we leave.” (Dakota Tribal Saying)  US Supreme Court justices come and go.  It’s a part of life…and death, but some are not forgotten.  Ruth Bader Ginsburg is one of them.  She’ll be remembered for her legal work both before and while serving as a justice.  How do you replace the irreplaceable?  She was more than a lace collar.  Micah 6:8 describes her:  She acted justly, she loved mercy, and she walked humbly with her God.  ;-) Jack   

FROM VW MARY:  RBG...Not fragile like a flower...Fragile like a bomb.===JACK: When my children were teens, there was an expression to describe something they really liked.  It was, "BOMB!"  IMO, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is/was BOMB!

FROM SF STILL IN WB:  RBG was an unforgettable force. Our lives would not be the same without her wisdom and compassion. May she Rest In Peace.===JACK:  I like the fact that she is Jewish.  Traditional Jewish wisdom is a benefit to our court system. 

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Yes...a trail blazer like few others.   It saddens me that some people posted on Facebook that she is going to hell as a terrible person because she "killed 60 million unborn babies" and was Jewish and not Christian (along with every other "non-believer".)===JACK:  How unfair!  Who are we to judge who goes to Hell?  I think that the words that should come out of the mouth of each of us, including Ruth, her critics, you...and me, too: "God be merciful to me, a sinner."===RS:   Agreed.  While I believe Jesus died to save me from my sins, I also believe that there are many ways to God.  I really have a hard time believing that God would condemn 5+ billion people to eternal damnation for not being Christian.  In the end, "Thy will be done."===JACK:  We have enuf on our plate without trying to judge the world.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  I hope to learn some day that there was a benevolent purpose as to why she was taken from us at this point in time.===JACK:  Oh, I'm, confident it will come...and there will be other answers, too.  We are but children at the knee of a wise Father who will show the use of puzzles in helping our minds to grow.  G-d is shorthand for complete knowledge, far beyond our own. ===PAUL:  As it is said in Hamilton... “ Wouldn’t it be Nice...”===JACK:  That sounds as tho you think it won't happen.  I'm always careful about putting limitations upon G-d.

FROM HY YO SILVER:  Beautiful.===JACK:  What is beauty?  How would Ruth place in a beauty contest?

FROM SF STILL IN WB:  Indeed===JACK: We’ve spent far too much times pointing out differences between religions…and too little seeking and embracing wisdom from each.

FROM SB IN MI:  That’s one of my favorite Bible verses.===JACK:  It has a lot of "meat" to it.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Thank you, Jack, for giving RBG the recognition she genuinely deserves.
===JACK:  I think that she would be embarrassed by the many good words spoken about her.

 

 


1 comment:

Susan Curtis said...

Love it, what an amazing tribute to an amazing person!