Friday, September 11, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 9/11/20

“The trouble with thee is often me.”  (Pastor Bob’s bulletin)  During my ministry I always included a Sentence Sermon in the Sunday bulletin, a short, positive message for worshippers to take home with them.  I note that Preacher Bob did something similar…like today’s quote.  Bob reminds us that when we find fault with someone, there’s the chance that the fault can be with both of us, or with me, alone.  Let today be one of self-examination…and self-improvement.  ;-)  Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true!  Emotions come to play quite a bit between people and miscommunications.  I’m my own worst enemy.===JACK:  In the olden days our Catholic friends would go to Confession and begin by saying to the priest (who was supposed to be acting on behalf of God):  "Father, I have sinned."  Young children would sometimes make up sins; adults didn't have to do that.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Fermenting, hopefully the best I can?!?! 0;-)===JACK:  What do you know about "fermenting?"  I thought that AGers were non-alcoholic.  Do they ever host AA groups?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  As your Michigan buddy Wayne Dyer is oft credited with saying, “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”===JACK:  Wayne was good (I liked watching his videos), but he wasn't perfect.  None of us is. 

FROM DLM:  Good for you on the sentence sermons in the bulletins.  And, your creativity continues to inspire, stimulate, and bring insight.  Peace to you this afternoon and evening and...and...===JACK:  I thought that if the sermon happened to be a dud, the worshipers could at least take home a "sentence" that was worthwhile.



No comments: