Monday, May 18, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 5/18/20
“Experience is a hard teacher, because she gives the test first and the lesson afterward.”  (Vern Law)  Law, a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, was nicknamed Deacon, because he didn’t cuss, smoke or drink…and he went to church.  “As a Mormon I knew I had to keep my nose clean and set a good example.”  That kind of life must have worked for Vern, because at age 90, he says he wouldn’t trade his life with anyone.  How about you?  Anyone open for a trade?  ;-)  Jack


FROM NORM'S BLOG:  We are all living through the test right now and the real-time grades that we see on the news every night show that many are failing and even more are failing to learn. Even the national health official in Sweden who made the call not to impose any stay at home guidance now is saying, “Gee, I didn’t realize that so many would die.” Sweden has experienced one of the highest per capita death rates in the world because of that decision.  ===JACK:  Thanks for your opinion on making right and wrong decisions.(  Google Norm's blog for more...)

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  No, don't think so! At 90, looking back, I feel I've had a truly blessed life! Tho there are always a few things you'd change...If you don't cuss, smoke or drink, you're in pretty
good shape. Bill, on the Augie campus, was known to be a  teetotaler in a Frat that was notoriously not! The football team often said they worked so hard to win the  Conference for Bill, just to see him guzzle a beer, which he had promised to do if they won it. And he kept that promise! :-) He was Cap't. of the Football team his Soph, Jr. and Sr years at Augie. which was most unusual. I like this saying today; so true! We all learn some hard lessons, amidst our life-journey!!===JACK:  i'll always remember Bill as a Little All American...not because he was little.  He was on the first team of All Stars made of of schools with small enrollments....but, you already knew that.

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Not today===JACK:  ...nor tomorrow, either.

FROM PRFM IN RACINE:   I’ll soon be 93 ½ - and I’m not interested in any trading!===JACK:  I wonder if there's anyone out there who wants a trade...maybe someone who's 94 1/2.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  No trades.  Been some tough tests and tough lessons along the way, but I can't imagine trading and not having the family and blessings I have.  Heck, if I had been someone else I probably would be getting Winning Words, and what kind of life would THAT be?===JACK:  i  believe that you meant to write (I probably would NOT be getting Winning Words)...at least, I hope so.

No comments: