Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 5/13/20
“It’s OK.  I see Jesus!”  (Dad’s last words)  Someone told me recently of her father’s final words as he died.  He’d been in a coma, when suddenly he sat up and spoke those words.  In these days when so many people are distraught because of uncertainty, “It’s going to be OK, because I see God as present in life.  “I will never leave you, nor forsake you!” is His promise.  I’m holding on to that and encourage you to do the same.  “It’s OK.  I see Jesus!”   ;-) Jack


FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Somewhere in all my papers, I have death bed quotes of famous people, but can't recall it at  the moment! :-(  My grandmother saw an angel in the corner of her room  which
none of us could see, of course, but very real to her. "Dad's" words are pretty powerful! We do have to "keep the Faith" through all the ups and downs life hands us, including these crazy times. It is a comfort to know we are never abandoned!  Thanks for the reminder, today, Jack!===JACK:  In today's true story, each child remembered the story in a different way.  The "truth" was the way each remembered.  Is the "truth" of the Bible in the way each of us perceives it?  (That thought just went through my mind....  Hmmm

FROM BB IN CHGO:  .  Amen! Your words ring so true, “I see God as present in life” – we don’t need to wait.  The comfort of having that divine presence every day is such a blessing. ===JACK:  There's a "classic" book, Practicing the Presence of God," written by Brother Lawrence who saw God as he cleaned pots and pans in the kitchen of the monastery.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Me too, Jack!! Feeling the same!! 0;-)===JACK:  "Our hope is built on nothing less..."

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Mary Lou had a nine year old cousin whO was in the UofM hospital dying....told his parents not to worry for he had seen Jesus coming for him....and he, therefore, was not worried.   I experienced a very personal call to ministry.   I am very much anchored to the historical revelation but at the same time am convinced of the spiritual dimension of life. ===JACK:  A dying church member told me that he had seen Jesus at the foot of his bed the previous night, and he had said, "Everything's going to be alright."  We see what we see...even in our belief system. 










No comments: