Thursday, May 21, 2020



Jack’s Winning Words 5/21/20
“Old friends are like angels.  You don’t have to see them to know that they are there.” 
(Saying on a pillow)  The word angel has a Greek origin meaning “sent from God.”  Are there persons in your life who have seemingly been sent from God?  During this current pandemic there seem to be flocks of them.  But, who are the angels in your life?  I’m fortunate to have some old friends to reminisce with, to re-tell jokes and to call on anytime!  God is good!  ;-)  Jack


FROM WILLMAR REV:  I will not be surprised one of these day to find out I had more than I was aware of at any given time?!?! 0;-)===JACK:  i WILL be surprised that I have much more than IO currently have.  I feel blessed...and I believe that there are many more of God's blessings, beyond my imagination.  "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has entered our mind..."

FROM ESSCO:  Cher is my celebrity mentor; she just doesn't know it. I am not a huge fan of her music, but I love everything else about her.  Thanks for the appropriate quote. ===JACK:  Did you know that Cher is short for Cherilyn?  I didn't.  Did you know that she celebrated her 74th birthday yesterday?  I didn't.  But I do know that she is a strong female personality in an industry that is male-dominated.

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  Yes, I’m blest to have two awesome sister angels, but also two amazing friends.  Linda and I started Sunday school together at the age of 3 and have been friends since.  We attended the same grade school, different high school, but saw each other every Sunday during high school in the HS Sunday school class.  We’ve led very different lives but have kept in touch through the years.  I met another angel friend in teacher’s training and have shared so many things together via letter writing, e-mails and on occasion a phone call.  Always nice to have someone to share your good, bad, ugly and oh so good times!  I do know they are always there when I need them and vice versa!===JACK:  Isn't there a movie or TV show, Angel on My Shoulder?  It sounds as tho you have angels who've "got your back."

FROM LBP:  Got a friend I met in preschool who fits that bill....  nearly 40 years we’ve been friends. She and I don’t talk often but we are always comfortable to talk about anything. ===JACK:  My angel has no wings and is closing in on 100 yrs old.

FROM PR AW IN IL:   And, old friend, you are one of them. Thanks and God bless you and loved ones.  


No comments: