Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words  5/26/20
“I did what I felt, and I felt what I did…at all costs.”  (Little Richard)  When Little Richard died recently…just for fun, I went to YouTube and compared (backtobacktoback) his piano style with that of Liberace and Vladamir Horowitz. Each one, using the same instrument, made it say what they wanted it to say.  It works that way with the human body, too.  We each have feelings and a style for expressing them.  What’s your style…Richard, Liberace or Vladamir?   ;-)  Jack


FROM MY LAWYER:  Great comparisons. Great message. ===JACK:  Which of the three appeals to your musical taste?===ML:  I like all of them.

FROM ST PAUL:  i think its interesting that at one point he gave up music altogether to become a preacher.  later he went back to his music.===JACK:  Did you ever think of giving up preaching to become a musician...or something other?===SP:  honestly,  no.  I loved most days of parish ministry.  there were a few bad ones but very few.===JACK:  I'm with you...a "job" that I never regretted.

FROM WILLMAR REV:  I’m my own “one finger on the keyboard” type of guy?!?!  0:-)===JACK:  In seminary there was student who had lost all fingers except "the pointer.":  We called him, "the finger."  In touch football games he was really strong with that finger.  What a nice guy! 

No comments: