Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words 5/12/20  “How long is a minute?  It depends on which side of the bathroom door you’re on.”  (Sent by Fred Marks)  Our B.R. door has a dent reminding us of the time when son David thought his sisters had spent too much time in that room.  Patience is sometimes difficult to learn.  Time often moves so slowly in hospital waiting rooms and so fast as we watch our children grow up.  How long are your minutes these days?  Jack

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Brings back a poem I’ve used on occasion at funerals:   
I've only just a minute, Only sixty seconds in it. Forced upon me, can't refuse it, Didn't seek it, didn't choose it, But it's up to me to use it. I must suffer if I lose it, Give an account if I abuse it, Just a tiny little minute, But eternity is in it.===JACK:  That's a good one.  All of a sudden my mind unlocks a memory...My father would say, "Just a mindy", and my sister and I would laugh.

FROM KZB:  Hahahaha!!!! Hope you are hanging in there!===JACK:  Hanging in there is like waiting, and it depends on what you're waiting for.

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  Our recent collective experience with the COVID-19 pandemic has really been a test of our patience and resolve as a people and many have failed that test miserably. For many it really depended upon which side of the economic-impact “door” they were on when the crisis hit. Some had the wherewithal to withstand an interruption in their normal revenue stream and others did not. Many entered this crisis already in “barely hanging on” mode in their business or life and for them any interruption was bound to be devastating. Others either had sufficient reserves to whether the storm or they were able to work from home without an interruption of their pay.===JACK:  As was said in the quote...  Coronavirus means something different, depending on which side of "the door" you're standing.

FROM KZB:  Or even worse than that, since hanging onto something is pretty hard to do. So it's almost like trying not to fall.  So, instead, I hope you are making the most of these days, taking time to - enjoy the company (sometimes virtual) of your loved ones, - learn something new, - cultivate your relationship with God, - appreciate the miracle of Spring ===JACK: This "virus time" does not seem to drag for me.  Of course, retirement means that every day is pretty much what you make it.  Circumstances that may change it are the weather, and how you're feeling in your bones.  I feel sorry for those without a safety net.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HAHA! Yes, most of us grew up in a home with one bathroom. There were five in our family, and you didn't usually dawdle in the bathroom!  My minutes still go too fast, most days, even in retirement, and now this "at home'  pandemic! Days fly by! And the Great g.kids, grow up even'faster  than the grandkids! Glad to have the  time to watch their varied activities, teach my great-granddaughter to play the piano, and read good books, share meals, enjoy plays and musicals (In normal times) travel, and enjoy life. But it all goes by so fast!!  Lucky me, I'm guessing!===JACK:  Besides multiple bathrooms, many have king'queen size beds.  In fact, in the olden days, some family's kids shared beds. (Youtube...Little Jimmy Dickens singing, "Sleeping at the foot of the bed).

FROM THE LITTLE A:  Hahaha! Kyle was wearing his roller blades when his sister wouldn't open the bathroom door....the front wheel put a hole in the door. Great story. I have a mantle clock, that dad had, on my desk. It 'tic-toc's all day long and that gets my attention more than the chimes. Tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc,....===JACK:  Beth and I had a chance to go back and walk thru the Grayslake house.  The walls had lots of stories to tell.  Have you ever had a chance to do that with any of your childhood homes?  BTW, in grade school each room had a big Seth Thomas clock o0n the wall that went tic toc, tic toc.  I spent alotta time looking up at them.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Minutes become hours, hours become days and days become years.  They fly by!  Today is our 42nd Anniversary!  We ponder our wonderfully blessed time together!===JACK:  I remember going to 50th Wedding Anniversary parties and thinking, "Boy, those people look old."  42 is only 8 eight years from 50.









No comments: