Friday, November 05, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/5/21

“The greatest thrill in my life was to represent the United States of America.” (Madeleine Albright)  What a difference 25 years make.  It was a proud moment for this Czech immigrant when she was chosen to “be America” in diplomatic meetings around the world.  Albright’s words cause me to do a “gut-check” with regard to my role as a pastor.   Yes, it has been a thrill to be a pastor.  Have you enjoyed life as it has played out for you?  I hope you can echo Madeleine when she said,  “I have had fun being who I became.”  ;-)  Jack

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Amen to that.===JACK:    Patriotism seems to be a hard thing to maintain when compatriots throw brickbats at each other..  

FROM SR IN SJ:  I can echo Madeleine Albright's words, I believe!!===JACK:  Pride is not always a bad thing, especially when you stand up for a worthy cause.  I'm sure that you are proud to be a Benedictine....

FROM NOVA SCOTIA FISH:  Just watching Huma Abedin being interviewed by Christian Amanpour about her new book.  Huma said her father told her “There is a reason your eyes are in the front of your head—so you can look forward.” ===JACK:  One thing I like about Canadian presentation of the news is that it provides more information that we get in the "states," and it seems more unbiased.  It seems as though they have more "public service" programming, too.

No comments: