Thursday, November 04, 2021

 Jack’s Winning Words 11/4/21

“I am no longer accepting the things i cannot change.  i am now changing the things i can no longer accept.”  (Thought for the Day)  If I were restating this quote, I’d say: “I’m trying to change the things I can no longer accept.”  Most of us are content to just talk about change.  Too few of us are willing to “lead the parade,” when something isn’t right. I like the sentence: “Love is a verb with its sleeves rolled up.”  I remember seeing a picture of Rosie the Riveter with rolled-up sleeves…and the words, “We Can Do It!”  Yes, we can!....if we are willing..  ;-)  Jack

FROM DREM:  This is a good one. I also enjoyed hearing the Optimist Creed the other day. I’m pretty sure that’s how you and I first met - Keego Harbor Optimist Club 1998!===JACK:  I always thought that you'd make a good member of the Optimist Club, but your morning time was taken up with children getting ready for school.  How old are they now?  

FROM WILLMAR REV:  Been thinking of this for some time, accepting, especially here in America, “we all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God,” and the new Heaven and new earth will be reigned by a ‘King’!” Not sure America is ready for such a government!? 0;-/===JACK:  During the time of the American Revolution, there were people, called, Loyalists, who wanted to remain as subjects of the King of England.  Since that idea failed, the Loyalists went to Nova Scotia in Canada.  But, I'm sure that you're referencing a different kind of king.

FROM JULIE CHEESE:  Thanks Jack.  I’m with you on this one - on almost all of them in fact.  Keep writing!===JACK:  I noticed the qualifier, "almost," and glad that you put it there.  

FROM SALON SUZY:  Working on it 🙏===JACK:  That's how we improve, by working at improving.  Best wishes for a good day...today.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I think the language here may be important.  As Yoda, said, “Try Not – Do or Do Not – There is No Try”  😊===JACK:  Do you mean that "There's no trying...in religion?"===BB:  More that I think the writer of your quote used that proactive kind of language…I am already doing this…in the moment of moving forward rather than thinking I will try to change the things I cannot accept.  I feel like this happens especially in our black, Hispanic and LGBTQ communities.  They try for so long, different approaches, marches, legislation or whatever to work toward a goal and then someone steps forward…perhaps the first football player or hockey player currently on a team and “comes out” as homosexual or states clearly they are in therapy working on mental health issues.  I guess that’s a “try” to gain emotional healing but in some sense an accomplishment in that they are doing the work and making that public in a way that would’ve hung in the shadows in years past?  Wish we could talk over the coffee I am enjoying at my desk now.===JACK:  In the Church...that's why we preach "confession and forgiveness" ...and we do it week after week, year after year.  Keep trying!  In fact, that's what Church is all about.  )That cup of coffee seems like a good idea...but with the number of things we could talk about, we'd need a whole pot or more.


FROM TS IN MN:  Just a quick note to let you know how much I appreciate receiving your Winning Words.  I enjoy reading your realistic and positive perspective and insight on the many issues we face everyday.  Your glass is more than half full.===JACK:  Every day is a challenge...to send out a Winning Words that appeals to a broad range of people...and to myself.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I LIKE THIS QUOTE ON LOVE!  IT IS INDEED A VERB!  AS FOR CHANGE, IT HAPPENS, AS LIFE GOES ON, AND WE DO OUR BEST!!===JACK:  Good thoughts from you...as usual.

FROM SR IN SJ:  Wonderful decisiveness, Jack! Poco a poco or Little by little. . .but DO IT!   huh?===JACK:  So much can be accomplished in many circumstances poco a poco.

No comments: