Wednesday, October 07, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 10/7/20

“I reject any religious doctrine that does not appeal to reason and is in conflict with morality.”  (Gandhi)  Do you know Gandhi’s religion?  Does it matter?  He’s honored for how he lived.  I’ve come to think that religion is defined more by how we live, rather than by what we say. The story is told of a family whose young child died tragically.  The next Sunday they were in church.  A little boy, sitting behind them nudged his mom.  “They really do believe, don’t they?”  ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  for me, the litmus test for all religions is how well do they and we love each other...==JACK:  Litmus test?  That's chemistry.  For me, it 's how do "they" answer the question, "Who is my neighbor?"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  WELL, I HOPE SO!  GANDHI READ THE NT EVERY DAY, IT'S BEEN SAID, BUT HE NEVER BECAME A CHRISITIAN, DUE TO THE WAY HE WAS TREATED WHEN HE TRIED TO GO TO CHURCH IN AMERICA AND WAS TOLD THAT THE CHURCH FOR 'HIS KIND' WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN! OR SO THE STORY;;GOES, ANYWAY.. HE CERTAINLY CHANGED HIS WORLD BY PASSIVE RESISTANCE!!!===JACK:  I would not see Gandhi becoming Christian (or any other religion).  He lived his religion.  That was the point that I was trying to make today.  I think that some of the "churches" have strayed too far from the teachings of Jesus..  WWJD? is a goood question to ask.



No comments: