Thursday, October 22, 2020

 Jack’s Winning Words 10/22/20

“So often in time it happens, we all live our life in  chains, and we never even know we have the key.”  (The Eagles)  It’s said that the Eagles’ song, Already Gone, has one of the great lyrics of all time.  It expresses a thought that I’ve found to be true: “Things always work out for the best in the end.”  And there’s another truism:  “Chains” sometimes keep us from having a better life.  The lyrics say that we have the key to a happier life.  We don’t have to  live in chains.  ;-)  Jack

FROM GOOD DBT JON:  Sherman set the way back machine to 1975. “There’s 17-year-old Jon and his girlfriend Terrie, sitting in a booth at LK Restaurant eating patty melts and milkshakes. Terrie, the more lovely of the two, puts a dime in the Juke Box and sings along (smugly) You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet. Towards Jon (of course, she was technically correct).  After her stellar performance, Jon would put another dime in the Jukebox (the control was right at the table) and play “Already Gone.” Jon seemed to enjoy the line, “…just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars and still not see the light.”  That’s right. Back to the present day, I haven’t seen that girl since the late 1970s.  I hope she got a new song. Much later in life, I heard, “Thank God for Unanswered Prayers.”  Perhaps nothing in life is better than knowing you are with who you should be.  I’ve been married to Nita for 38 years. We just had our 4th grandchild, Gideon. I wrote a song in 2014 when my daughter was expecting our first;  it was called Perfectness or Sunday Morning.     The 1st Verse:Another Perfect Sunday Morning,  my time for walking and thinking  My son’s safe and home from Iraq, my daughter’s  having her first child, now how ‘bout that?   It’s like God is making up for everything I missed,  And right now I know He’s sending me His very best. Gratitude.  I look across 3 generations now, something my parents never got to do.  Thanks for opening the memory flood gates Pastor Jack.   Now I have work to do.===JACK:  Always a good and thoughtful response from you.  Family...It can be a blessing or a curse.  I'm glad that you and I can share our blessings.

FROM CS:  I look forward to your quotes every morning. Hope you are well. If only the heart controlled the body - then we could all fly.  Keep on flying!===JACK:  I like the song..Fly Me To The Moon.  I hope to be flying to Minnesota in a week or so.

 


No comments: