Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words  3/25/20
“Pretending (or acting) is a very valuable life skill, and we do it all the time.”  (Meryl Streep)  Acting star, Streep, was a “gawky kid with glasses and frizzy hair.”  Pull out your yearbook and look at your high school picture.  Meryl’s mother was her mentor…“You can do anything you put your mind to…You can do anything!”  …and she did, becoming one of the greatest actresses of our time.  Is she the real Meryl, or is she pretending?  Who’s the real you?  ;-)  Jack 


FROM HONEST JOHN:  I think a crisis like this helps us understand who we really are.   I enjoy people and love the internet connection like we have with you.   I miss church a great deal.   I love the service and being with the people of a God.     I still have my devotions at home but I miss the communion of saints.    I love my books and have done a lot of reading.    I have spent a good deal of time in my workshop....have been building a Shaker Colonial Chest....with my own variations...hard for me to follow blueprints!     I love change...within a framework of stability.    We have taken one hour walks every day....need the outdoors.   I have followed the economic crisis with interest.   The activist in me wants to do something.....the realist says to me that my day is past.     ......good question.===JACK:  A "pretend" worship service will not replace the real thing....but it's better than nothing at all..

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Now a days, I’m not sure.  But I am mom, Monnie, Grandma, hand was her, gardener, reader, scrapper. Quilter, wife and a firm Believer in God!

FROM SA IN WA:  It would be nice to pull out my yearbook, but my sister threw out the box with mine and Cheryl's yearbooks after we inadvertently left it behind at the house, and before we could get back to retrieve it. So, no I won't be looking at my yearbook photo, but I can find one in an old photo album (that the internet has no knowledge of thank goodness!) that fits today's WW. ===JACK:  I still have my old yearbooks...Great memories of some great friends.

FROM GUSTIE:  I still look the same.  Even my hair.  Right now I feel devastated.  I just found out that our church is cancelled and closed till May 8.  How do we celebrate Easter alone???  ===JACK:  Easter alone?  Remember,, the first Easter was celebrated by Mary, alone with Jesus in the garden.  Remember, Easter is a personal experience.===G:  Thanks Jack.  I am a people person so I really miss the camaraderie.  Our choir director is going to figure out how we can sing together on line.  That will be a real uplifting experience in this tough time.    ===JACK:  "Where there's a will, there's a way" is a saying that fits a variety of circumstances.

No comments: