Monday, March 30, 2020

Jack’s Winning Words  3/26/20
“Baseball is a very simple game.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.  Think about that for a while.”  (From the movie, Bull Durham)  Opening Day of the baseball season is such a happy time.  so much enthusiasm.  “Buy me some peanuts and Crackerjack!”  Then, reality sets in…you win some, you lose some…and sometimes there are postponments. Life can be like that.  It’s part of the game.  But, oh, the winning…nothing like it!   ;-)  Jack


FROM ST PAUL:    i would like baseball a lot better if it were 7 innings.===JACK:  ...and I'd like it better without replays.  Umpires make errors, too.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I love the quote and loved the movie.  Thanks for sharing with us today.  We are still counting the days…until opening day.  Whether or not we’re able to enjoy games in the stands.===JACK:  I liked it better when we went to Wrigley Field instead of Cubs' Park.

FROM OUHOUSE JUDY:  I miss baseball.  But, the season’s too long anyway!  There’s still time! ===JACK:  I like baseball on TV when you can see the plays and players up close.  In person, I have to look at the scoreboard TV to see what happened. ===OJ:  My favorite sport to watch is our Red Wing hockey.  But I’d rather watch sports on tv.  I’ve been to the new Tiger and Lion arenas but not the ice arena.  I like to see the players up close too...and re-plays!===JACK:  Covid 19 has taught us that we CCAN get along without certain things.



No comments: